17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 309'em

309'em Member

I'm pretty much in shock...both preseason games sold in the past week that I posted on the NFL ticket exchange (Sec 338, row 1), can't believe people would pay $110 (plus the 10% ticketmaster fee) for a preseason game, is there something I'm missing about the Jets this year?

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

early bird gets the worm

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Wow that's crazy. Some guy posted a link last week where they were going for $5

4. max

max Active Member

Both games sold for $110 or the just the giant game?

Anyway, if i can get face for a preseason game I am more than happy.

Lets hope Geno doesn't come in for the 4th quarter behind the 2nd team o-line.

5. 309'em

309'em Member

Both games sold for $110...yellow parking passes for both are listed for sale for 25 bucks but neither has sold. I am shocked that these games sold, I put them out there with zero expectations. I don't think I've ever been able to sell a preseason game ticket in the 34 years we've had seats...usually give them to relatives, donate to charity or just eat them.

Also sold the Pats game on Dec 21 for $213 a ticket through the ticket exchange (will be in Florida for the holidays)

6. max

max Active Member

Not bad. Just hoping for face for my preseason games.

I'm not surprised by the pats game. That has the potential to be the biggest jets regular season home game since playing the giants in 2011.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I cannot ever remember a year in the past ,,,,,by this point in time I either had tickets in hand or on my radar as to which if any games I wanted to go to. I mean there is still a chance that we go to a game or 2 but then again maybe not ,,,but the thing is what a difference a little time makes ! I mean years ago I could not wait for the invoice and then the season tix to arrive,,,now I could care less.
    Thanks to the Jets sales office and ticket reps " game day experience " has really taken on new meaning in the cbg house,,,,never in a million years did I think I could feel this way and the thought of missing out on going to games and enjoying our tailgate was unimaginable,,,, just sayin

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi CBG

I believe age is also a factor, no? How old are you if you don't mind me asking.

I am 35 soon to be 36. When I was young, I wouldn't miss a Galatasaray soccer game home or away. I would even get into brawls for my team. But now, I haven't even been to our new stadium which is open for the last 4 years. Yes part of it is because I go to Turkey in the summer and soccer is season is closed but I am not making an extra effort to go to games. I still have the same fire inside me but going to games doesn't really attract me anymore. I think age played a factor in my case and maybe it played a factor in your case.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook,,,nothing to do with age or priorities changing ,,,,with all their new policies regarding parking passes and jerking people around with relocations and lies and I am going back to the last 2 years in the old place, that's when my tailgate began to get decimated ! Guys and gals just bailed in droves as they got fed up with the BS. It's all been documented in this thread but I can tell you this, without hesitation ---- there was nothing wrong with the old place and had they stayed there and not built this new warehouse myself ( and my entire family )and many others including my entire tailgate would still go to games ! Just a shame

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

I turn 34 on Saturday. For me the tailgate changed a bit but it's survived and probably got a bit better. After the 2007 season a few of my friends actually got tickets because people started to bail when prices went up again but we got Favre so the excitement was back. That was the same time as the PSL announcement but those calls the Jets made with the survey cards screwed things up. People bailed when they were told they would have to buy a PSL and left before the 2009 season started since it was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year with a rookie QB.

We lost a couple of our regulars but there is a core of us who stayed and we still have a core of 12 of us and usually have parties of anywhere from 15-30 people. No one likes the new stadium but we also have just forced ourselves to get over it.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 I am glad you guys are hanging in and still having fun ! Our tailgate varied in numbers each week but there were a lot of us , people knew where we would be so even if you did not go regularly or had friends or coworkers going they would hook up with us at 1B by the racetrack,,,,,we had been hanging there since before I got season tickets (98) in my name . Sad part is out of all the season tickets holders we tailgater with and I will even include all the other people I knew that had season tickets but tailgated elsewhere ONLY ONE guy still has tickets ! I knew a lot of people who had tickets and out of ALL of them only one guy I know still goes with tickets in his name,,,,,as I said yesterday simply amazing !

13. Brook!

Did anybody receive their season tix yet?

I purchased 3 game package and no tickets so far.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Got an email Saturday that I will receive them in 2 business days. So expect them this week

15. Brook!

Thanks 17a

I will be looking for them.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Got my Fed Ex box today with our season tickets in it. As usual I called my boys over and we opened it together. It was the biggest letdown. We always looked forward to seeing what player was on each game ticket. Especially a division rival game. Well it was a 4 credit cards glued to a pamphlet. No excitement nothing cool about them. Just 4 green cards with #'s on it showing our seat location. We also got a scarf I think. 1 of them for the 4 seats we have. I was so disappointed as was my sons who are always pumped for tix arrival. Another letdown by the Jets changing something that wasn't broken. Get a clue Woody

17. Jetsfanforlife

Jetsfanforlife Active Member

I have bern so excited to get the season tickets and was so let down when they arrived. I like the rewards system and how they are trying to keep Jet fans in the seats and reward those that go......but........what a letdown with no real tickets in your hand to go through. Like 17a, I always liked seeing who was on the tickets for each game.

The only thing I got were the 2 tickets, 2 lanyards to hold them and junk mail. No scarf or anything else.

18. max

max Active Member

Same with me. I knew smart cards were coming and not real tickets. It is what it is.

The smart cards however look and feel like the cheapest piece of shit ever.

19. Brook!

Sorry about the letdown guys. Not a season ticket holder yet. This year I purchased a 3 game pack. Today I got a call from the Jets reps to turn my 3 games into 8 games for just 219 bucks. I said no but now I am having second thoughts.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Keep hearing commercials for to purchase jet season tickets,,,,and tickets being available,,,,,,what a difference a few years have made !