Welcome to Buffalo Sammy Watkins!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, May 9, 2014.

1. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

Going back to the conversation about Watkin's size, he's not a small receiver, but he's not really a reliable height mismatch among most corners like a WR ~6'3 or taller. In what I've seen he does seem to high point the ball well, which means he should do fine with them, but not the kind of guy you can unload to vs 1v1 tight man coverage consistently.

What Buffalo needs to be concerned about is that with the loss of Byrd and now Alonso, the coverage should severely suffer this year. The pass rush should still be high level, which will certainly help, but that's a significant loss.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

3 years (give or take) until they are both irrelevant and a defunct franchise as we know them -playing in another city

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well that's good, he'll probably be the only guy that can catch EJ's many overthrows.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I know Geno Smith played poorly pretty much the entire season last year, so perhaps its petty to knock another team's QB, but last year I saw some just horrendous accuracy coming from E.J Manuel.

In a home win vs. the defending champs Baltimore he was the worst player on the field, amazing that the defense was able to pull that out. In the Buffalo @ Pittsburgh game last year I saw some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen from an NFL QB in a game and that's saying something. I remember him missing on a sideline out route, maybe 10-15 yards down the field, the guy was open just past the 1st down sticks and Manuel launched it so far over his head I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in the 3rd row at Heinz Field. The WR just shook his head.

I really think EJ Manuel would be looked as just as bad or worse than Geno Smith had he played the whole season last year. He's getting the benefit of the doubt from those games he missed... plus they coddled him Sanchez style last year. And they didn't bring in anyone to push him/have as an insurance policy. I'd much rather have the Jets QB situation right now than Buffalo's : a guy they let rip for a whole season and have more to evaluate, a veteran there to push him/take his job just in case AND a 1st round pick next season if it doesn't work out - buffalo doesn't have any of those 3.

74 likes this.
  5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he's a Bills fan and he said that Watkins is looking like the next Randy Moss. I had to take a minute to laugh. I reminded him how off season is always Bills prime time of the year and he agreed.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I know we like to bust balls of Bills fans but Watkins is going to be a great player in this league.

_

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

That and all this years Qbs will have a better carreer then Geno right? ( including tajh boyd)

8. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

This guy has been making Bills hype threads every offseason since I've joined this board. It's nothing new. I'm pretty sure he's the same guy that predicted the Bills would have the best defensive line in NFL history after they signed Mario Williams 2 years ago.

9. JStokes

Let's see, shall we? I know you're a big Tajh hater :D but it wouldn't surprise me because of injury or ineptness that Tajh starts a game this year. Hell Matt Sims played last year and he's a knucklehead.

Understand, I'm not a Clemson fan by any stretch, I've liked Boyd for 2 years now but it's undeniable what a physical and strong talent Watkins is. He's a much bigger more physical Steve Smith. He's a much faster more athletic Anquan Boldin.

He's a special talent.

_

10. RubenDias

Im not a boyd hater the guy just isnt great lol
    uote="JStokes, post: 3026008, member: 19848"]Let's see, shall we? I know you're a big Tajh hater :D but it wouldn't surprise me because of injury or ineptness that Tajh starts a game this year. Hell Matt Sims played last year and he's a knucklehead.

Understand, I'm not a Clemson fan by any stretch, I've liked Boyd for 2 years now but it's undeniable what a physical and strong talent Watkins is. He's a much bigger more physical Steve Smith. He's a much faster more athletic Anquan Boldin.

He's a special talent.

_[/quote]
    Im

11. RubenDias

Im[/quote]
    Phone lol

12. JStokes

Im[/quote]

Phone lol[/quote]

Im pretty sure Boyd is a much better QB than you are an internet quoter.

Ooooof.

_

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

99 times out of 100 WR can only go so far as QB plays allows. Not calling him the one exception to the rule just yet.

14. JStokes

I have no idea but you should hear the camp reports on the guy.

I mean incredible.

The guy has no fear and he is the quintessential "beast".

Don't care how much they paid for him, he is going to be a major thorn in our side for 10!years.

_

15. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Not saying you're wrong, but I sure hope you are.

16. RubenDias

So at one point you knock the jets to stick to geno but on the other hand its ok to draft sammy watkins for 2 first round picks while they got EJ Manuel?

17. JStokes

On the one hand you appear to have massive problems with logic and reasoning.

On the other hand, what the fuck are you talking about? My thoughts on Geno Smith and Sammy Watkins have nothing to do with each other. In addition to them being irrespective of (i) my thoughts on EJ Manuel or (ii) whether I think Buffalo gave up too much to get Watkins.

Nice try.

Troll harder.

_

18. RubenDias

Nah your all mantra is gotta get your QB no matter what despite the talent you have around you or at least it was pre draft, so the bills giving up that much for sammy they didnt insurance themselfs with the what if Ej is not the guy , they cant even get their guy next year if thats the case. So giving up all that for Sammy again ( in your mantra) it was just wrong.

19. JStokes

Ahhh again logic and reason are not your friend. Also your diction, syntax and grammar appear to be severely lacking as well.

Let me spell this out for you.

I am not a Bills fan. I couldn't give a half baked crap about how or whether they build a winner. If they never draft a franchise QB I would not care. I actually hope they don't as a division rival.

Full stop.

Sammy Watkins IMHO is going to be a GREAT pro.

Full stop.

As a Jet fan it us imperative that we find a franchise QB, be it Geno or someone else if he doesn't ascend.

That's my mantra.

Full stop.

You're really not that bright are you? Or you just have a hard on for me which is creepy.

I'm hoping your just not that bright.

_

#219 JStokes, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  20. RubenDias

Despite my personal brightness and my lack of perfect syntax and grammar to a secondary language of mine , i can handle criticism thing everyone on this board fairly well knows you dont, but to your point i didnt meant to hurt your feelings just wanted to remind you that all those sammy watkins glorifying moments go against your mantra. I got no problem with you bashing me what so ever dude but i stick to my arguments and i dont flip flop weather it is buffallo or the jets. It should be a stupid pick in your eyes to trade up that much to get that guy (wich i think its good but not julio jones good). :p