Ray Rice Two Game Suspension

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BrowningNagle, Jul 24, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So you're going to play the naive fool?

_

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Yes or no

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I made my point, which was don't come into a thread and try and make it about something completely different. If you want a thread for you to cry how men who are raped do not get enough attention then go right ahead but that does not belong in this thread, it has nothing to do with what was being discussed.

Your other pointless, completely unrelated comments make absolutely no sense. Why don't you also go make a thread about domestic relationships which for some reason you have concluded I know nothing about.

4. JStokes

Yes, you are a naive fool.

Well done child.

_

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Yawn.

6. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Gunther, don't block us out now! Share your feelings & draw strength from the sharing! You've already taken huge strides, you're brave for talking about this, don't give up on yourself!

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I've been sitting here reading through this thread, and dear god…

So apparently, a woman thats angered a man enough to be hit for ANY REASON should be held accountable for "Provoking" them? no, that man should be held accountable for REACTING in a violent way.

The idea of being provoked when this kinda situation is brought up has always seemed like bullshit to me. I hate attempts at trying to blame somebody for the reaction of an outside party. THEIR reaction is THEIRS alone. The only person thats responsible for Ray Rices reaction in this case, is Ray Rice.

Furthermore physical altercation on the grounds of disrespect, wether its for not making dinner on time or even spitting in his face is not warranted EVER. She was immature for what she did, but she did not warrant the retribution caused upon her despite her lacking an adult response to their response. Two (completely disproportionate) wrongs don't make a right.

Ultimately she bares no responsibility for what happened to her, HE does. ENTIRELY. because it was HIS ACTIONS alone that left her goddamned unconscious. You CANNOT convince me there was no other option for him or that this is healthy or expected reaction that one should expect in everyday life. Self control exists, being the bigger person exists, I can absolutely hold him accountable for not exercising these traits.

Really think about the implications here, apparently we should all be wary about upsetting the people we care about in any fashion in fear of violent response. we've seen the value dissonance with how big an offense spitting is, whats to stop some other "disrespect" from being justified underneath the same pretense? Its a horrible precedent, we can't say some things are worth a beating while other things are not, thats ludicrous and dangerous, none of it is right.

BTW, even justifying something of this nature happening between two men is bullshit. keep an important bit of context in mind, this isn't some stranger at a bar, this is is somebody he's emotionally involved with. we're taking abut a relationship here, so the best correlation would be a male homosexual relationship taking this turn… and even then beating on the spitting party is not justified. Abuse at the behest of hurt pride is NEVER RIGHT. ESPECIALLY in a relationship. of ANY KIND. (female on male, female on female, male on male, male on female)

8. Gunther

Gunther Member

It's pointless to you, because you have a one track mind. You have been told to sick em, so of course you don't like what I say, because I am telling you to think. A person who walks around with a pitchfork doesn't like to be told to pick up a book. It's too much work.

9. JStokes

What do you think about a special wild cat package for Vick?

_

10. JStokes

Great overall post, very well thought out, but you've obviously never been to the mean streets of Irvington NJ. You get killed there for spitting on someone.

It's amazing in all the bullshit here that this point is lost on the pro-battery crowd.

This wasn't a stranger, a man, an MMA woman, a woman molesting a child, a homosexual relationship, a polar bear.

It was his FIANCÉ.

_

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont see anything wrong.

12. The Waterboy

I have a one track mind when it comes to this thread because there is one thing to discuss. As I pointed out you can go bond with anyone else who has had their bung hole violated like you have, just make a thread about it. This thread has nothing to do with men being raped even though I know how much it would titillate you to talk about it.

13. The Waterboy

On that note what would you think about passing a flat tax?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sounds great - lets abolish the IRS while we're at it.

15. JStokes

Jimmy Leonard to the Browns.

I can see him partying with Johnny Football.

_

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You should have seen the monster sammich I got for lunch!

17. JStokes

My Dad is in from Michigan and I made him one of our favorite sammiches from my childhood.

Tomato (fresh picked from my garden), white bread toast, mayo, salt and pepper.

Perfect.

_

18. JStokes

can you mother fuckers take your sandwich talk to the main board? /halfsarcasm

_

19. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Where's the BL of that BLT?

20. Gunther

Gunther Member

It seems you need to feel better about yourself as a male by trying to emasculate another. Says a lot about how you feel about your own masculinity. Small minds always want to choose the parameters in which to fight. That's the only way dumb ideas can continue to grow. One track thinking leads to plenty of people playing the fool. Just because you are on a keyboard typing slick doesn't make you any less of one. You are the one acting as if you need someone to stroke you off. I'm sure you already have a few butt buddies to stroke your ego or whatever else you're into.