Week. 3- Bears @ NY Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 14, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

John Idzik isn't paying a FA WR 90 million in any universe.

#101 abyzmul, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are delusional.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

No he is not lol if Geno had Vernon Davis , Crabtree , Stevie Johnson and Boldin in the slot he is a top 10 qb.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  4. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

the deep ball still scares the shit out of me . so awful we still can't defend it. unless the DL plays out of their minds and keeps cutler on his back similar to the NO game last year, this will be another loss.

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

kaeps receiving corps in 2012 and 2013 were weak sauce

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I feel like the recipe is the same every week. Run the ball. Don't turn It over. Pressure the QB. Both the bills and the 9ers ran the ball at will against Chicago. If we can't utilize that this week then idk what the hell is going on. We are so physical upfront just line up and beat the shit out of the man in front of you. Work play action in and pick and chose your shots.

Cutler is no Rodgers. If we get to him and make him uncomfortable the fumbles and interceptions will come.

We need to go at least 1-1 in the next 2. Let's win Monday so we don't have the worlds pressure beating down on us against Detroit the following Sunday. Jets win 23-16!!!

7. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

The DL was getting to Rodgers regularly last week, but he is so good at those quick passes to Nelson. If we get the same pressure as last week those will be sacks against Cutler, because I don't think he has that throw.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a big game from Coples again. He had a sack and 4 hits, which is a pretty darn good game against an elusive guy like Rodgers. Hopefully Coples can take advantage of a battered offensive line and turn some of those hits into sacks and strip sacks.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

The Dez talk is insane. Boys will be tagging him if they cant get a contract done.

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yeah right... Cutler will throw that bitch up for grabs the second he senses pressure. He has the WR's to do it so he really doesn't care. sunday night i seen him throwing it up as soon a a defender would accelerate to sack him, and he kept gettin that roughing the passer call.. it's a bitch move but i guess it works for him. I'm honestly scared of vertical teams... our defense isn't built to stop that shit. Let me rephrase that, Rex Ryans defensive schemes aint built for that.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  11. MaximusD163

Even jump balls need very good placement. I guarantee we get more than 2 sacks on Cutler, and if he starts throwing the ball up too much we'll start picking him off. Pressure isn't just about sacks, it's about forcing a QB to go through reads too quickly.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. JetLifeLo

Ehh.. they dont gotta be that good when B Marshall and Jefferey are the WR's. Cutler isn't that accurate with the deep ball, half the time i feel like he just throws it up hoping for a flag. It'll be in double coverage and all.. If Pryor is properly blanketing over top of milliner than i like our chances to make plays on the ball. Is Lankster playing? I really want AA to return to FS now.. We need our safeties to be ready to stop the deep ball with alot of cover 2, we don't need their run support much.

NYJetsO12 and The 1985er like this.
  13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Bears have a lot of holes on their D. We can definitely expose them. They've given up an average of 161 yards on the ground in the first 2 games.

We should be able to run the ball on them and if we do that hopefully we can limit their time of possession.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. JetLifeLo

its crazy how we always praise this defense, yet the defense seems to be the side of the ball with all the problems lol .

15. MaximusD163

Even with those two receivers a QB still needs time for his receivers to get down the field for deep pass plays. His line is crappy enough that it is realistic to expect constant pressure out of our front 4, stopping that from happening. Even if Allen returns to safety, he won't be playing the deep FS role much at all anyway, he'll likely be in the box or playing man coverage on Martellus Bennett. Both of his big WR's are hurt, and neither are ridiculously fast anyway. Don't expect him to be chucking the ball 30+ yards down the field, and as long as we can successfully tackle those big bodies we won't be giving up chunk plays to the WR's. They are both dominant possession receivers and good at breaking CB tackles for more yards. Jeffrey is more of a deep threat, but it's the type of deep threat where it takes him a minute to get deep, then he turns around and high points the ball, not the type of deep threat where he gets behind the DB and catches the ball in stride. I think the Bears' WR's can hurt us, but Cutler is not Rodgers, and his line is even worse.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. JetLifeLo

Sure seemed like all Cutler did is chuck it 30+ yards every other play on SF sunday night. If they do what they did to san fran we have a problem, they have the same weaknesses as us.

17. MaximusD163

We have better pass rushers than San Fran, as strange as it is to say that.

18. JetLifeLo

Well yeah i guess thats true..for now.. Aldon Smith had 5 n half sacks by his self last time they played Chicago.. Hopefully we can get a monsterous game out of Coples !

19. MaximusD163

That definitely would be nice. 1 sack and 4 hits last week was a good start but I'd love to see Coples with a 3 sack game.

20. JetLifeLo

Amaro needs to get involved this game.. Look how bad the 9ers struggled when vernon got hurt. Bears cant cover the middle of the field for shit. Amaro is here for his work across the middle back in college. It's time we utilize that, i'd love for Geno to have a security blanket out there so he wont be trying to make something out of nothing so often esp with decker being hurt.

NYJetsO12 likes this.