2014 Around the League thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Royals onto the WS. Up 3-0 in the series and the Orioles rolling over and playing dead in the first inning here.

I never would've imagined this. First time in the playoffs since 1985 (when they won that WS due to the Denkinger blown call) and they win the pennant.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This is the most stunning post season run in recent history. 8-0 now in the postseason, probably the least likeliest heading into the whole thing. The Rockies did something similar in 2007 but this is more impressive because they had to go through the one game playoff. Of course the Rockies got swept out in the WS so the Royals will have to finish this whole thing now. Those days off hurt the Rockies back then, hopefully it doesnt hurt the Royals.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

From what I have read, the royals have 3 relievers that are untouchable. If they can get their starters to the 6th inning it's lights out when the opponent faces the bullpen.

I still think the Giants are going to win it all again.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Same, I think the Giants win it all, 7 games. (but what do I know, I picked the Nats in the preseason, Angels before the playoffs). I hope its Royals vs Giants though, Cinderella vs The semi-dynasty

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Royals hot, San Fran almost as hot (lost only one game to the Nats and Cards). Im going to take San Fran over Kansas City in 7 games.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's been some great Baseball thus far...It helps when the three teams you're rooting for all get to the last three alive......

.......and the football team you love makes ya effin sick

I've been on the Royals a few years now and that's been the highlight for me.

I was glad to see the Cards and Giants advance and was pulling the Giants for some reason, even tho I would've been happy for Metheny if the Cards won.

I give the edge to the Giants because of experience. But I believe The Royals can beat them.The Royals are a fine baseball team and deserve to be where they are. They're a damn good team.

The baseball has saved my autumn.....otherwise it was ruined

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Mind boggling how the royals went from a team no one cared about a month ago, to now the center of the sports world. All the ex players are getting the spotlight, the city is getting the apotlight, heck I saw them showing masses of fans tailgating, so crazy. They are americas team right now, it reminds of some small school going deep in the NCAA tournament.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

should be 4-0 now but the third base coach foolishly sent posey and posey didn't even slide

small game james shields doing the usual

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This game looks like it could be blown open right here. 4-0 bases loaded 1 out...

10. Walt White

Well Shields & Co. ran into a buzz saw tonight. Needless to say it would behoove them to even this series up tomorrow night.

As a sidenote, Shields hasn't had 'it' this post season so far, and The Royals have still advanced. But if he gets another chance obviously he has to get it done next time.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Shields always comes up small in the playoffs.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Rockies 2.0, Royals must win tonight or else it will end in San Fran as the "semi-dynasty" gets crowned. (They are a dynasty im not going to turn that into a debate, 3 championships in 5 years is 3 championships in 5 years, pretty good).

13. Walt White

Quite a feat if the Giants get it done. Even if they don't, the Leadership of the organization: Sabean & Bochy are HOF worthy now. At least Bochy is for sure, and is a lock if they do it.

Quality Leadership at the top. No meddling, clueless, owner phucking up that "team".

14. Walt White

Wow. Blanco has been on a mission, it seems, coming in as a 'replacement' for Pagan. He's gettin' it done for them and is out to prove that he's not the weakness it was thought once Pagan was out for good. Very determined effort by Blanco

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Escobar thrown out trying to steal, Cain then doubles

costly caught stealing

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Strickland is such a gas can

I bet that they'd score off him in the 9th last night (+320 odds), but somehow he didn't allow any runs. Tonight, the real Strickland made an appearance.

17. Walt White

Yeah. Bryce Harper gave it to him good in the NLDS. I hated watching Harper mouth off, but Strickland prolly deserved it. He's a loose cannon.

Great game for the Royals. Great stuff all around

18. Walt White

Back at it tonight for three games in a row @SF.

Thank God for the World Serious....and some good College Football this weekend starting tonite.

It's really helped alleviate the abysmal Jets Season for me. I can't remember being this disappointed, other than Vinnie's Achilles in '99, and The Kottite Kalamity......

19. Walt White

Game fucking 7 of the World Fucking Serious, yo!! All hands on deck, all hands on deck!!

20. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Hunter pence looks like someone who would hold you captive in a cabin. He's been a pain in the ass during this series though.