Week 8 - Bills @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 16, 2014.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

i promised myself i would never debate with a bills fan again until i see them make the playoffs... really. They are almost forced to troll. Saying positive things about the bills is trolling automatically.

2. JETSrealMCCOY!

Week 7: Bills win by the skin of their teeth to the "awesome" hahaha Vikings. - Spiller and - Jackson = Week 8: Jets Fan confidence.
    I'm not saying it's gonna be a cake walk but the Jets can pull this one out.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I think our defense is going to beat up on their offense, but the same will be true on the other end. This game is going to depend on who's offense has a better day, and hopefully we work Harvin into enough plays that they can't prepare for that it makes a difference. I'd hate to lose this game even more than losing to the Patriots, because at least you know the Patriots have been so good so long that you're expectations are low. Losing to the Bills would blow.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Bills have been good but are nowhere near the last 7 opponents. Wouldnt be surprised if Jets beat them down.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

My bold prediction. Coples scores his first NFL TD this week via Orton fumble (forced by a Son, Mo preferably)

31-13 Gang Green

6. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Shakey run defense? We're ranked 4th best in the NFL giving up 80.4 yards per game. We also have 3 players with 5.5+ sacks..........I think you underestimate us. If anything both teams are even but the Jets aren't close to being better. This Bills team is not tailor made for the Jets........you have this team confused with Gailey's Bills!

7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

You frequently post about consistently watching and following the Bills. I used to believe you until this post.

Our two best players? Shaky rush defense? Orton sucks? Dude, you have no clue.

My favorite was the "shaky rush defense." The same rush defense that was ranked #1 in the league almost every week until the past one, and we are still #5. What a moron.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't care where you are ranked on rush d, it's fools gold. Last week that great rush d almost cost you the game. The ranking is fools gold. You have played people who simply don't run the ball. I will give that rush d credit for the Houston game, it played well that day. I said it was shaky not worst in the league. We will see how it looks Sunday. I am predicting the Jets will have success there. I don't think you've faced a team as good at running it as the jets.

And orton does suck balls. He's better than Manuel but everyone is. Geno smith sucks too. Not exactly going to be a great day for people who appreciate the QB position Sunday.

9. Sin

Sin New Member

I think Sunday will be a low-scoring game, but whichever offense plays better will win. The Jets just finished playing the toughest part of their schedule and I think are better than their record says, so it'll be interesting. As a Bills fan, I'm rooting for Buffalo of course, but I don't think it'll be as easy as some think.

Vahncase and Axel3419 like this.
  10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

So if all we did was dominate teams who "didnt run the ball," I dont see how that can be shaky. You are assuming that if we did play someone who "ran the ball" the Bills would suck, despite any evidence of that.

Anyway, I do agree that after Houston, the Jets will be the best rushing offense we've faced. They'll stay committed to it, only because Geno Smith is terrible and they wont want to throw against our front. I certainly expect 35 rush attempts or more from the Jets. Its really the logical decision for a Jets game plan. Ivory is a pain in the ass to tackle.

Orton is a good QB, and played very well when there hasn't been 5768594 pass rushers in his face. The Bills pass protection has been awful this year with the two rookies in there + Pears. I dont expect that to be any different on Sunday. But that's not on Orton. If you've watched his last few games, you'd know he was playing above average. He is good for about one pick a game, though.

I do expect we'll hear tomorrow afternoon-ish that Kraig Urbik will start over Richardson or Pears in an effort to fortify the guard spot. I never understood why Urbik was benched in the first place.

11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I see an end around to Kerley, stops and throws a bomb to Harvin for TD this week

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That rush d certainly looked shaky last week.

And I wish the jets would run it 35 times but morningweg leaves his brain at home a lot so I doubt it.

We will have to disagree about orton.

I'm not saying the jets will run away with this thing my original post was to a Jill's fan who questioned why jets fans should have confidence. There are certainly a lot to not be confident about, the jets are 1-6 for shits sake. I was just saying the areas I am confident the jets could have the upper hand. I do think the jets win though. IF this was in orchard park probably not.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You know, I'd feel better about this game if Spillner hadn't gotten hurt because it's Buffalo's strength that also played in to the Jets defensive strength. Buffalo doesn't have a great passing game but they do have weapons that will expose the Jets corners and they'll be foreced to pass more with both their #1 and #2 RB's out. before the injuries I had this game as a win...now I feel it's a toss up.

14. MaximusD163

That makes no sense. If the Bills hurt the Jets through the air, they would have done it as well or better with their two RB's available. Both are good receivers out of the backfield, and helped keep defenses from blitzing too much.

Axel3419 and JETSrealMCCOY! like this.
  15. JETSrealMCCOY!

Agreed! With a weak O-Line and Orton losing 2 quick outs if we can bring the pressure consistently the Jets should have the upper hand.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

How 'bout a couple of daggum mf turnovers for cryin' out loud!!

Pryor picks off a lollipop, and Rich picks up a fumble on a Mo strip. +2 on the turnovers gets a W here

17. JerseyBill

JerseyBill New Member

It's funny because Buffalo has the better pass rush, secondary and passing attack. I just don't see where you guys have this big advantage. Matter fact I see no advantage for the Jets.

Our rush defense held that same Charger team that destroyed the Jets rush defense to 2.0 a carry. We also played 4 out of 6 teams in that brutal schedule excuse I see floating around.

Your only hope is on the ground . Good luck with that. Zero rushing tds given up. One 100+ yard team rushing on us.

Ya might not admit it but you know our passing attack is elite compared to yours. Turn on any of the three games Orton has been in and see for yourself. All 3 games were top 10 pass defenses I might add. This is not a favorable matchup for the Jets in any way shape or form.

18. JerseyBill

JerseyBill New Member

Our O line is playing terrible but so is yours for the most part. You have the worse graded LG. We have the worse RG .

The difference is we can consistently get to the QB with just 4 rushers which will cause fits for a developing QB. I'll keep it real, I think your d line is young and straight beasts but you guys rely on blitzing and aren't consistent with your pass rush.

19. MaximusD163

Well, to be fair that worst graded LG is now on injured reserve, and his replacement has looked solid through a half game against the Broncos and a full game against the Patriots.

Axel3419 likes this.
  20. MaximusD163

The Bills are better than many Jet fans are giving them credit for, but equally I think that Bills fans are giving them too much credit. You played 4 out of 6, but you lost 2 of them and beat the weakest 2 by a combined 6 points. The Jets were within one score of both games.

The Bills fans fall victim to the same thing as Jets fans, which is believing mediocrity is good QB play. Kyle Orton has been ok but throwing around the elite word is just silly. You have talent in your WR corps, but inexperience as well. I think the offense will suffer for the lack of Jackson and Spiller in both the ground game and pass game. The lack of those two make blitzing so much safer.

Axel3419 likes this.