QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Sherff is the guy I'm targeting as of now. Comes from a great school that has excellent offensive line coaching, and has all the tools to succeed. He will be our future LT but in the mean time he can play guard and be a huge upgrade and will go a long way in making this OL elite again. He is very versatile and can play multiple positions along the offensive line which is exactly what we need because we do have some quality players in place that will need to be replaced in the future. I think as of right now LT is not a need, for today, but D'brick won't be here forever and it would be very wise to look for his replacement sooner than later. Our RT is also in good shape for the upcoming season, but its the guard position that needs an upgrade for next season. This makes Sherff a perfect fit for both the immediate future as well as the long term. I'm not too worried about his arm length considering they are even longer than Joe Thomas's.

2. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Mariota playing on Fox Sports 1 right now. kid is unreal.

3. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

We won't be bad enough to draft him. Unless we lose to Buffalo this Sunday. Maybe we will!

4. DoubleDecker87

Way too early to say that. This time 2 years ago Geno was a sure #1 and this time last year Bridgewater was the sure #1. Both slid to 30-40 picks.

5. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I agree, but if all goes according to plan for Mariotta he'll be in the Top 10 and I think we'll win at least another 2-3 games.

If Mariotta falls to late 30s like Geno and TB we might have to ask ourselves do we want him, as crazy as that sounds. I think you can't pass up the value, but Geno and TB fell and it seems that gms were right, at least on Geno.

6. DoubleDecker87

I agree. We will win 4-5 ball games down the stretch and end up in the teens most likely. Depending on how Geno does these last 9 games decides his fate. Still important to watch Mariota in case we decided to trade up or in case some other QB comes out of no where to jump ahead of him.

Edit - speaking of other QB's aside from Mariota/Winston... I've only seen Cook from MSU and Hundley from UCLA anyone else climbing up the rankings I'm not all that impressed with either of them.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Hackenberg. Hackenberg. Hackenberg.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Watched my boy Mariota but came away impressed with Jared Goff. That kid is going to be a very good NFL Quarterback. He needs to improve his frame but he's big, has a big arm, footwork is solid and he's playing in a pro-style offense right now which is very important when transitioning to the NFL.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Oh geez I like this kid more and more every time I see him. Great frame, great arm, love the touch he puts on his throws. If there is any shot next year we need to make it happen.

_

10. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Yeah, Goff has been effective in his freshman and sophmore years so far, has the size, arm, protects the ball well. All with zero defense. He made a nice jump in his 2nd year. Definitely one to watch next year, along with a few freshmen to see if they develop well.

11. JETSrealMCCOY!

Yeah I thought Goff played very well last night the only thing I didn't like was how much Cal was bringing Goff in and out of the game with the backup Rubenzer.
    Most of Rubenzer's plays were runs and Goff still finished with good stats. Def a guy to watch.
    Goff: 32/52 360YDS 2TD
    Mariota by the way…
    Mariota: 18/30 326YDS 5TD 1INT

12. JStokes

That Dak Prescott is a big boy, big arm. Looks like Cam.

_

13. JStokes

Dak Prescott.

Not impressed.

Give me Marcus.

_

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Dak will probably stay another year. He's still developing.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

4-5 more wins means a top 10 pick.

16. Mr. Rabbit

Mr. Rabbit New Member

Picking up a quarterback high in the draft would be IDIOTIC. The Jets can easily be undefeated next year if and only if we give Geno Smith one more chance next year while we pick up Jake Locker and have them fight for the starting spot. I’m pretty sure Rex Ryan is gone R.I.P… We need to hire the best possible coach and draft the best possible OLineman and Linebacker respectively. Our receiving corps is clutch now, and our defense is good. The majority of our problems came from our coaches and the horrific play calling, which did significantly improve in the last game against the Patriots, but all in all the Jets organization should seriously reevaluate themselves from top to bottom. Way too many free spirits in that locker room. We need to lock shit up. It’s called Grid Iron for a reason.

P.S. Woody Johnson if you’re reading this. I’m willing to be your new GM

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Amari Cooper WR
    Then get a QB in every round.

18. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Hell of a game for that young man last night.

19. JStokes

Hahahaaa good one. Outstanding first post.

_

legler82 and RubenDias like this.
  20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

my boy Mr. Rabbit from RealGM

hey brother