Is she full of shit? 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Oct 28, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I may have felt some iota of sympathy if they had picked a normal chick. This girl is your typical "I want to move to NYC because I want to be an aspiring actress" camera vulture. There's a million of them in this town. Just another self-aggrandizing, attention seeking whore. And to boot, she's not even hot. Ewww, gross.

mute likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Fuck, now we have to deal with being bombarded with "street harassment" along with other nonsensical feminist driven marketing terms like "rape culture."

Even if it were harassment, it's just harassment, that's all. It doesn't need to be qualified by where it takes place. Next month it will be "store harassment" when it occurs while she is shopping for douche.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I just got a phone call from the customer service broad that works for the guy that services the furnace. At the end of the call she says "thanks, sweetheart."

Aside from the woefully inaccurate mischaracterization, where does she get off objectifying me like that?

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

what a bitch. If I didn't spend all my money on inferior products like the Jets and their PSLs I'd consider donating towards your harassment cause

NYJalltheway and 74 like this.
  5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

6. JetBlue

Fucking customer service harassment. Huff post wants to hear from you.

7. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

It's working as intended. The rape threats, which are a virtual guarantee when someone posts a video like that, "prove" that their "critics" are trying to silence them. This translates to more money in the form of appearance fees paid by news organizations and donations to their "cause".

8. Dierking

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

74 likes this.
  11. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Looks like a bunch of compliments mixed in though

12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I went through this.

What a fucking scam this is. The reasoning in there is all bullshit lol.

It's her own piggy bank account.

What's sadder in our society? People like her OR the idiots who donate money?

She had $70,000 in the bank PLUS almost $40k more in pledges...Wow.

$15,000 in occupancy charges is her apartment and $7,000 in travel expenses....

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

14. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

That's pretty much the definition of objectification: an interaction that occurs because of and is based on a woman's sexuality.

So many idiotic men feel entitled and pretentious enough to think that women are "lucky" to be "complimented" by them when really it is and should universally be within a woman's right to be left alone, unbothered, unobjectified. What you outlined is from a male's perspective insecurity when, in reality, it's a pretentious vain sexualization. You can't use perception to muddle fact, the purpose of the interactions is sexual, not because a woman is taking it the "wrong way".

No reason for to argue this with a bunch of knuckleheads, setting the record straight about sexual harrassment won't teach anyone to consider other perspectives and become mindful.

JetBlue likes this.
  15. Dierking

^ yeah, yeah, yeah, we all perfected this line of high-minded sensitivity bullshit trying to pick up feminist chicks in college, no purpose served by rolling it out here.

BrowningNagle and JetBlue like this.
  16. JetBlue

This isn't a scam, her business is simply creating awareness that may alter behavior not contribute financially to tangible solutions, and she is marketing it beautifully by catering to hysterics and our bored society that needs a cause to occupy and distract themselves from their lives and real issues that they are afraid of so they stick their heads into trivial holes instead.

If people want to support her cause so be it. Clearly she is succeeding in creating awareness even if reasonable people can see through the flaws in her exaggerations. It's no crime to accept an idiots money if they want to give it. They want to contribute to her continuing to create awareness and she has delivered.

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

^^^yeah yeah yeah, because a man can't talk about over-sexualization, sexual derangement, or sexual harassment without injecting his own sexuality into it...

18. Dierking

Sometime before your next student loan payment is due, check out Ms. Oversexualization's website, Einstein. Attention is eggzackly what she wants.

19. JetBlue

Undoubtedly but it doesn't negate the behavior of the men because they aren't behaving that way because they know she wants it and would do the same to any woman.

Do we really think it was entrapment and they wouldn't have called to her if she didn't have a website that they probably have no idea exists?

20. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I’m not going to comment on the video because I think it’s BS.

I think I’m a normal looking cute girl, I can’t imagine what really attractive women go through.

There are times when some guys take it too far. There were certain times where I’ve felt un-safe. Whether they're yelling something vulgar or not, I don’t personally like guys shouting out to me when I’m walking. I don’t think it’s as harmless as them just wanting to send out a compliment. The second you acknowledge them with a thank you or something as simple as a smile they take that as a signal to pounce on you.

If you see me in a café, elevator, train, in a store and you want to send me some greetings and salutations that’s perfectly fine. If you maybe want to strike up a pleasant conversation with me, that’s perfectly fine. That would actually make me feel good. I'd think it was sweet, but don’t bark at me while I’m walking down the street. It’s just not cool.

74 and mute like this.