Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Fine because the Eagles are who I thought they were in the preseason. Even Sanchez cant even fix that mess unfortunately.

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

A Geno supporter I am not. I don't like any player who consistently causes my team to lose.
    I have in the past said he is a better athlete than Nacho. They both suck at guiding NFL offenses. It would be nice to compare Geno to Nacho with totally equal circumstances. Geno didn't have the luxury of playing on a championship caliber team his first two seasons like Nacho. He sure hasn't had the offensive line that Nacho had while in New York.
    He hasn't had the experience that Nacho has had, and I bet when the Jets get rid of his ass, he won't end up in a better situation like Nacho did. It's hard to compare the two honestly, but one thing is for sure...... I don't want either QB on my favorite team. Both are extremely turnover prone.

Where are all the fan boys? I guess in their defense, it's hard to face the facts. when the facts are as bitter as the crow you must eat, when you call other people stupid because of your opinion. They should atleast try to save face because Nacho still has one game to redeem himself, and Philly isn't eliminated from the playoffs yet. Who knows, the fan boy dream of watching Nacho in the Superbowl could still happen.
    (Sarcastic, yet true)

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I never forget the fumbles :p

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wait!!! I though Sanchez finally getting some talent around and a real OC will show all how great he is? In fact, didn't you say he'll win SB this year now that he is on a real team?

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Didnt I say the Cowboys were winning the East and the Eagles didnt have that much talent?

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

EVEN Sanchez? As if Sanchez is a guy who you would expect to "fix" a team? LOL, you Sanchez stans are amusing

#3306 slimjasi, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So Cowboys winning division = Eagles bad team = not Sanchez's fault. Got it.

Where your prediction that Sanchez wins SB with Eagles fits into this equation?
    Or maybe you meant it'll happen next year? Or maybe you were joking?

Jake and slimjasi like this.
  8. slimjasi

LOL. Soxxx has written a lot of silly things. This was probably one of the funnier ones, though.

9. slimjasi

Bingo.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

damn , looks like the season is over for Egals.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

damn? lol you mean HAHA, season is over for the Eagles

12. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Which is odd because Junc said Sanchez was going to take this team deep into January. Turns out he couldn't even get them to January.

13. 1968jetsfan

Can we kill this thread now? I mean really can we?
    There were predictions Sanchez would lead the Eagles deep in to January.
    There were predictions Sanchez would lead the Eagles to the Superbowl.
    There were predictions that now that Sanchez had great talent around him he would light up the world.
    There were predictions Sanchez would show the jets just how good he really was an how all fans would regret having released him.

Sanchez took over a team that was 5-2 and on their way to being 6-2 when Foles got injured.

With a week to go the Eagles are 9-6. As a starter the Eagles are 3 and 4, and if you give him credit for the Texans game they're 4 and 4 in games in which he's thrown a pass.

After Thanksgiving they were a game up in the standings, they were guaranteed to win the division on even a tie so in essence they were 2 games up with 4 games to go.

3 weeks later with 1 game left in the season they were eliminated from the playoffs, no playoffs, no shot for a wildcard...You can't get eliminated any faster than that with the advantages they had in the standings, literally you can't, it's mathematically impossible to get eliminated faster than that. They were in the drivers seat, they could have driven the nail in the Cowboys coffin at home 2 weeks after thanksgiving but they flushed...was that all Sanchez's fault? Of course not, I've always maintained that wins and losses are a team stat, the question is does a QB raise the players around him, does he neither harm nor help their chances, or does he hurt their chances of winning?

Since that Thanksgiving game the Eagles are 0-3....all the Excuses are gone. After December 1st Sanchez is 9-12 (that's giving him credit for the Texans wins, 8-12 if you don't). Yes you can argue that he was awful in 2012, but the fact is in 2012 he was 2-2, or .500 so it neither helped nor hindered the fact he's under .500 as a QB in the regular season after December first. In fact in 2011 (a year some consider his best year he was 2-3, in 2010 which others argue was his best year he was 2-3. Now I view wins and losses as team stats but since Sanchez supporters always credit him for wins... now I know some will say 'yeah but you limit it to regular season and he rocked the post season...) okay if you include the post season he's still 13-14, and still under .500. Never mind that 3 of those wins were based on the Defense and running game and not the QB play, but I'll include it since I know that'll be an argument by supporters.
    But what good is a post season record if you stink after December 1st and you're trying to get in to the playoffs?

Now here's the thing, in his career in after December 1st he averages 3 TD's and 5.75 Interceptions. This year so far in December (with probably one game to go) 4 TD's and 4 interceptions, with a vastly superior offense around him he's been just marginally better in those terms than over his career...now kudos to him for actually having a good completion rate of 65% this year, albeit a large number of short screens (which in and of itself is a kudos since that's always been a weakness). But Turnovers will kill you and what's been my number one harp on Sanchez? Turnovers. In 8 games he's thrown 10 picks (a pace that would equal his career high) fumbled 7 times (a pace that would equal his career high), 6 lost fumbles (a pace that would be his 2nd highest total of lost fumbles)...you could argue that he's dropping back more than he ever has, but his 8 game pace is actually almost exactly 1/2 of his career high in attempts of 543 attempts (he has 273 attempts).

Sanchez's career win/loss record is 37 and 33, he's had exactly 1 season in his career where a team was better than 1 game over .500 with him as a starter. That won't change this year, at best as a starter he'll be 4-4, at worst 3-5 (if you include the Texans win then the best becomes 5-4 and the worst 4-5 in games in which he appeared.) So Best case scenario is he winds up 1 game over .500. and the worst case scenario he winds up 1 game under .500. Either way it means that 4 of his 5 seasons as a QB he'll be basically a .500 QB +/- one game in the standings....The lesson, you put him on very good teams and that team will most likely be a .500 team +/- a game. Put him on an average or worse team.....we've seen that too.

We all heard how he'd set the world on fire with competent offensive plan with a ton of talent around him....and we've seen that he's basically a .500 QB at best even under those circumstances. You already see some Sanchez supporters blaming Kelly and the system.....the same people who early on were saying it's the perfect system for him. He's a good backup QB, nothing more, and yes he will get another chance to start somewhere most likely...even Jamarcus Russell got other chances in camps (and Russell was much worse than Sanchez).

But don't feel to badly for him, unless he was totally stupid with his money he's set for life and will probably hang around the league as a journeyman backup, occasional starter, making 1-2 million a year and still be one of those few that are privileged to play in the NFL. I don't hate Sanchez, he's just a lousy starting QB.

14. 1968jetsfan

Perhaps he meant he'd take them deep in to January at Eagles West watching the Superbowl on his bigscreen :D

15. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

But Sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs with no Superbowl appearances. He is among the best to ever play the game. /sarcasm

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Not much he could do when his K misses 2 FGs, the defense stinks. the guy completes almost 50% of his passes when attempting 50 times, almost 400 yds, 24 pts, leads his team back from 10 on the road in the 4th qtr, He did all he could and while he threw the INT that was a terrible call, ball hit the ground and moved.

mute likes this.
  18. nyjunc

he's played really well, he doesn't kick FGs, he doesn't play defense. He needs help. No one ever said he could carry a team on his back but he gave his team a chance to win.

19. 1968jetsfan

Let me mark this for prosperity sake, the guy who constantly calls yards in a game as "Fantasy stats" that mean nothing is now using them to try to support his argument?

2 Turnovers, one that led to 3 points, and one that took potential points off the board. As for the kicker missing 2 FG's....maybe if Sanchez had, oh I don't know, gotten the team in to the endzone? I mean one of those two missed FG's came after a fumble on the Washington 18 in which the mighty Sanchez led the Eagles to exactly...0 yards. The other missed FG? a 46 yard attempt because the Sanchez led drive stalled. But yeah, it's all the kickers fault, got it.

Jake and NJJ_Jersey_Jets like this.
  20. nyjunc

the INT was a terrible call, K missed 2 FGs, D allowed 31 pts to a bad Wash O. any other QB and they don't get the blame but b/c of the perception of Mark he gets blamed. 3rd and 25 conversion that was all him, the incredible pass to the sideline to Maclin to set up the game tying FG. the man played great outside of 1 play and while the pass was off the mark it was an incomplete pass. terrible call.