Rockinz Mock 1st round 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Collegiate season is over and the Combine is done!

Time for my first round 1 mock!

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State - I feel they wont pass on the local kid with a huge upside.

2. Tennessee -
    Leonard Williams, DT, USC - Best player in the draft and a massive need for the Titans.

3. Jacksonville - Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska - Fits the Jags scheme perfectly.

4. Oakland - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia - Raiders love their speedy recievers... In this case they get a good one for Carr

5. Washington - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama - Best WR in the draft. Altough they have DJax and Garcon I think the skins will take Cooper to try and make RG3 succeed.

6. New York Jets - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon - Jets get their guy and franchise QB moving forward with a new GM and coach.

7. Chicago -
    Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida. Bears need help all over that D.

8. Atlanta - Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri - Atlanta like the Bears need help everywhere on D.

9. New York Giants -
    Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson - Giants go pass rush with JPP in question and Kiwanuka gone.

10. St. Louis - Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami - Long is most likely out and Flowers is the replacement.

11. Minnesota - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville - Teddy with Parker again is a dream come true for the Vikings.

12. Cleveland - Danny Shelton, NT, Washington - Beef up that DL with a big man.

13. New Orleans - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State - Saints are thrilled to get the BPA at a position of need.

14. Miami - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia - Fins go get a stud RB.

15. San Francisco - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford - 9ers restructure their OL.

16. Houston - La'el Collins, OT/G, LSU - Houston looks to improve their OL

17. San Diego -
    Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin - The super chargers are ecstatic to add the next LT

18. Kansas City - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma - Chiefs roll the dice on DGB.

19. Cleveland - Pittsburgh -
    Landon Collins, S, Alabama - Browns get their replacement to TJ Ward.

20. Philadelphia - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State - Maclin might be gone so they add Strong.

21. Cincinnati -T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh - Dalton needs better protection.

22. Pittsburgh - Jalen Collins, CB, LSU - Pitt looks to add youth to an aging secondary.

23. Detroit -Marcus Peters, CB, Washington - Peters doesn't fall as far as some think.

24. Arizona - Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA - Cards look to add insurance on Palmer.

25. Carolina - Eddie Goldman, DE/DT, Florida State - Hardy is gone so they address the DL

26. Baltimore - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State - Flacco gets a new toy.

27. Dallas - Malcom Brown, DT, Texas - Dallas helps out their D.

28. Denver - Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma - If Pot roast walks Phillips can play day 1.

29. Indianapolis - Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky - Indy needs help on D

30. Green Bay - Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA - with Hawk gone they get his replacement.

31. Seattle - Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut - With Maxwell leaving they get their new LOB member.

32. New England - Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia - Pats cheat somehow.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Interesting choice for Washington. They also have Andre Roberts signed for a considerable amount of money, so I'd think they'd have to adjust that situation before adding another high-earning player. Can't fault you for going against the grain, but I'd be surprised if they went WR there.

I really wonder what kind of trade down options would be on the table for the Jets if Mariota is on the board at 6.

I really wonder where DGB will go. 18 seems quite high to me, but who knows.

I guess teams are all over the board with Hundley, but is there ahything that makes you think Arizona and Bruce Arians is the spot for him?

Devin Smith seems like a comparable prospect to Torrey Smith from what I gather. I wonder if a WR like Dorsett will sneak into the 1st also.

Byron Jones seems to be the hot prospect making a huge jump. A big CB to Seattle is logical. I hope Kevin Johnson is at least there for the Jets 2nd round pick

3. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Donte Whitner and Tashaun Gipson.

Safety is the least likely position the Browns will draft in the first. Well, ok fullback and long snapper, but safety after that.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I can see your first three and can see Raiders going with either Cooper or White at four. I personally don't think the Redskins pick a WR but there is always the possibility of a trade with a team that wants to jump ahead of us to get either Mariota or the remaining top receiver. Bottom line if the first three go that way we're going to have one of Cooper, White or Mariota at our spot not to mention a trio of OLB/DEs that would be good as well.

As or the Mariota pick...I'm still on the fence with Mariota. Part of me hopes the QBs go 1 and 2, then if Williams goes somewhere in there we are guaranteed one of Cooper, White or the best of 4 OLB/DEs...another part of me hopes Mariota falls to us, we pick him and he's the franchise QB we've been dreaming of. That would obviously be ideal I'm just far less convinced that would be the case, I feel there is a much better chance that Cooper or White are still major NFL contributors in five years than Mariota...but I've been wrong before.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I wish I had two more hands so I could give this mock four thumbs down.

[​IMG]

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  6. Rockinz

The skins are the wild card.. They will be the target for teams that LOVE Mariota... I took Cooper there because he is the BPA and I believe Garçon is declining. Roberts is also most likely to be cut.

Trade back option shouldn't be an option if Mariota is there... We gotta take him!

I took Hundley with zona because he is pretty much a more polished/better version of Logan Thomas.

7. Rockinz

Isn't Gipson a FA?

Plus corner is their strongest position IMO not safety. All they have is Whitner and that isn't anything to brag about...

8. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I wish I could bet money on Winston and Mariota or vice versa being the first two players taken

9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Gipson is a restricted free agent and is likely to get a first round tender.

At corner, they are really unhappy with Gilbert and Desir hasn't shown any readiness to be a starter. K'Wuan Williams was terrific in the slot and of course Haden is amazing, but Skrine is a free agent and there's no guarantee he'll be back. The second outside corner spot is still very much up in the air.

Trust me on this, I'm a Browns fan.

Rockinz likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Panthers could look to replace Hardy, but LT is a more critical need. They just released last season's starter, Bell, who had started at RT for 4 years before that. They'll probably also be looking to add a second WR to Benjamin, since Cotchery is long in the tooth.

Isn't Beasley a little light in the pants for the Giants 4-3?

11. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

God please no....i do not want either one of these Qb's. I believe one of them will slide maybe out of the top 10. It might be Winston who slides.

12. Rockinz

Panthers have a defensive coach and need a replacement there.. However a WR isn't out of the question.. Just not sure they would do it 2 years in a row given Riverboats background.

Giants need speed in their pass rush I think Beasley is a great fit there.

13. NCJetsfan

DOH!!! Really? Rivera is a defensive coach? Living in NC I NEVER would have known that. Thanks for the info.

At one DE spot they already have Charles Johnson who is one of the top 4-3 DEs in the NFL, and at the other they can move Kony Ealy into the lineup. He had an excellent rookie season. They also have several other young players Wes Horton a 2nd year player from So. Cal, 3rd year player Frank Alexander from Oklahoma, and Mario Addison, a 4th year player from Troy State. They may look to improve their depth, or provide more competition for Ealy, but they're pretty much set at DE, and it's NOT a critical need. PS, This draft is deep with DE/OLB types. They can probably find another DE in rounds 2-4 or may even sign another vet in FA. It is NOT a critical need. You don't know jack about the Panthers, Rockinz.

Their need at LT is critical to protect Cam's backside, especially since they plan to pass more. Their are no starting quality LTs to be had in FA, so they're going to have to find one in the draft. Bell gave up 20 sacks last year and is gone. They had little depth anyway. They got lucky at their OG and RT positions last year, but it remains to be seen just how good that OL is. They don't have the money to be big players in FA. They may sign some second-tier types, but they won't be signing a Franklin or Iupati at OG. They took a chance and released their longtime RB DeAngelo Williams because they plan to run less and throw more. Thus, that LT position is critical.

At WR, they have Benjamin, Cotchery (who is 32), Brenton Bersin (who was a rookie and either a UDFA or low-round draft pick), Philly Brown who was also a rookie and a pleasant surprise, and another rookie from Appalachian State DeAndre Presley (who never appeared in a game AFAIK), then have futures contracts with 3 players: Mike Brown, a 3rd year player from Liberty, Marcus Lucas a 1st year player from Missouri, and the infamous ex-Jet and stone hands Stephen Hill. You think those are enough weapons even with the addition of Greg Olsen?

They're also risking the rushing attack somewhat, although Williams had his worst season last year, struggled with injuries, and is 31. Jonathan Stewart has a ton of talent but has a hard time staying healthy. They must really like Fozzy Whitaker or are planning to take another RB somewhere in the draft.

Did you even bother to look at their roster? You couldn't be more wrong about their needs.

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Mariota depresses me. The season will stink before it even begins. Whoever starts between him and Geno and they stink the other will replace them. Yuck,Yuck,Yuck.

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Slides? No way. He will be the first pick in the draft.

If, for some unforeseen reason the Bucs pass on him, he will go #2 to the Titans.

16. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Brett Hundley at 24???? Considering what Bruce Arians just said about Hundely abotu Spread Quarterbacks , I doubt he'd want ANYTHING to with Hundely... I mean the Cardinals do already have a developmental Quarterback in Logan Thomas, why would they take another one in ROUND 1?

#16 BigSnacks54, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  17. Rockinz

All I saw was their pass rush go from hero to zero without the cracken!

LT is a need but look at my board.. Not a lot of gems left.. They would have to reach for someone..

As for WR I agree it's a need I just don't think RR will do it back to back years...

Btw being from NC u must of loved watching my man Kelvin killing it this year!

18. Rockinz

Yes it's a bold pick.. Hundley is a better version of Logan Thomas and considering they could of made a SB run if they had even a decent QB on their squad.. I think Bruce knows he needs to add insurance either at the draft or in the FA market.. Palmer is old and injury riddled after that they have a bunch of scrubs...

19. Rockinz

Buddy if we can even get a whif of Mariota we will be lucky!

I know 100% that you haven't watched this kid play at all this year or even last... If you did you wouldn't be saying yuck!

He productivity and ball protection this year was epic 42TDs - 4 ints for example is a unbelievable stat at the collegiate level. Trust me there are many more!

20. NCJetsfan

I think it went to zero because Johnson was hurt part of that time.

RR doesn't make the picks. Gettleman does. While I'm sure RR has some input, Gettleman's his own man, and I'm sure he has final say. They need to maximize Cam if they're going to get to and win a SB. That means building that OL to protect him and giving him plenty of weapons. Their DL is good enough right now to win a SB. In fact their front 7 is. On D, they need help the most in the secondary.

Benjamin had a great rookie season, no doubt. You were right and I was wrong. That said, he dropped way more passes than I would have liked. That's why I didn't like him last year. He really needs to cut those way down or out entirely. He hurt the team a number of times with those drops.