What ISIS Really Wants

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You're correct on the efficacy of guerilla war (which anti-gun nuts hate, when used as an example to support the 2nd Amendment...especially when they know that's exactly why it's there...)...

However...that having been said...it wasn't the War machine, that gave out.

It was the political will, that they wore out.

Had the Powell Doctrine been in force that war would have been over very quickly.

2. roger

roger Active Member

ISIS is a gnat on an elephant's ass.

A small terrorist group the middle east using snuff videos as propaganda is no threat to America whatsoever.

In fact, our government loves this shit. It distracts from the fact that by far the biggest threat to America is our own government.

The Federal Reserve and irresponsible fiscal policy will cost you your freedom way before any foreign entity will.

WWIII started a while ago. It is being fought in the markets, not on any battlefield. Wake the fuck up people.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sometimes the best answer is the most simple answer.

Hobbes3259 likes this.
  4. roger

roger Active Member

The middle east has one asset, and one asset only.

ISIS doesn't control any oil supply. Therefore, they have no power.

They are a doomsday cult, just like any of a thousand doomsday cults that have come before them, and a thousand that will come after them.

They'll kill a few people along the way. If we over-react and send troops in, they'll kill some of our troops. That'll make for good television on the cable news stations, and they'll make it seem like a big deal. But ISIS is no real threat to us as a nation, or any other nation for that matter.

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Remember when Cults just caused people to cut off their junk and worshipped Comets? Those were the days.....

TNJet likes this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Had the Powell Doctrine been in force that war wouldn't have ever started.

Hobbes3259 likes this.
  7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Saudi Arabia

Anyone see the last Vice episode on this topic?

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Post it

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahaaa that is great.

_

10. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Isis shot and killed 27 tourists in Tunisia this morning, at the same time a gas factory in France was unsuccessfully attacked, however they did place the decapitated head of a man on the entrance post to said factory. One guy killed and the other arrested in France.
    Really think it's time the frogs reintroduce the guillotine

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Why would any go on vacation in any of those countries (Tunisia)........

So many peaceful countries and yet morons still go to shit holes...

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Stop funding and sending weapons to the Middle East. Support Israel and the Kurds, protect Baghdad. Cut off everyone else. Bombs away!

France and other European Nations have allowed cells to grow, that is an issue they need to address.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

And at the same time there was a mosque bombing in Kuwait.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Damn. Too much happening at once this morning.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

16. JetsVilma28

It's all about $$$

Weapons suppliers, military equipment and vehicle suppliers... Need war to keep production on the up and up. As long as it's across the Atlantic we will play it off like we are supporting security for the good guys. We all know eventually the equipment ends up in evil peoples hands. Not to mention sending new technology/equipment enables enemies to learn secrets through remanufacturing of these goods.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There are a lot of false statements in that cynicism

18. JetsVilma28

Pentagon loses track of $500 million in weapons, equipment given to Yemen
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ca25ce-cbf9-11e4-8a46-b1dc9be5a8ff_story.html
    Dude, where’s my Humvee? Iraq losing equipment to Islamic State at staggering rate
    http://blogs.reuters.com/great-deba...t-losses-to-islamic-state-are-out-of-control/
    Lost & Found: Did ISIS ‘find’ $420mn in ‘lost’ US military supplies in Afghanistan?
    http://rt.com/op-edge/203291-afghanistan-us-equipment-money/
    U.S. spending bill restores aid to Egypt, includes $1.5 billion
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/14/us-egypt-usa-aid-idUSBREA0D16Z20140114
    Egypt ends US arms 'monopoly' with French jet fighter deal
    http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-ends-us-arms-monopoly-french-jet-fighter-212939915.html
    Russia, Egypt seal preliminary arms deal worth $3.5 billion: agency
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/17/us-russia-egypt-arms-idUSKBN0HC19T20140917
    US to Give Tunisia $60 Million in Military Aid
    http://www.voanews.com/content/united-states-to-give-tunisia-60-million-in-military-aid/2429138.html
    Saudi Funding of ISIS
    http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/saudi-funding-of-isis
    ISIS Fighter Claims Turkey Funds the Jihadist Group
    http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ghter-claims-turkey-funds-the-jihadist-group/

Just keep sending checks, and producing more means for war. I understand protecting Baghdad from ISIS obviously, I don't understand the dumping of cash and equipment on the rest..? I actually think abandoning Baghdad wouldn't be the worst decision for the United States, side from having our name written all over the damn place. There are far too many radicals in the region who wish to make war. The only nations I trust are Israel and now this fledgling outfit of the Kurds who seem to be putting up the best fight, while there efforts are mostly ignored by the International community. I trust no other nation in the region with USA funding or USA made weapons. Libya, Egypt, Yemen and Tunisia all attacked USA embassies in 2012. Turkey had a suicide bomber attack on USA embassy in 2013. Three US Navy sailors were also attacked during a port call in Turkey.

Who do you trust in the Middle East with USA funding and USA weapons?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't deny we are giving people weapons but you stated they are getting new technology so our enemies can steal our secrets. I can assure you, that's not happening. The weapons that are getting send over there, getting "lost" over there are the backups to our backups to our backups...

Our government would not be stupid enough to give away advanced technologies "secrets" - willingly anyway. We are giving them stuff everyone already knows about. The only time in recent memory I can think of us blurring that line was during the Bin Laden raid when the Seals had a mix up with one of our highly advanced helicopters. But we sent them back in later to destroy the remaining pieces- - that's how much due diligence they take with new technology.

Als0- you keep acting like they need war to build weapons and spend on defense. That's simply not true. The Department of Defense would be buying new and advanced technologies no matter what, war or no war. The major defense contractors don't really need war at all to get awards.

Its very short-sighted to believe that because the majority of defense spending/contracts is aimed at the future. Often many years in advance. The Joint Strike Fighter program (just for an example.. a BIG example) began in 1993 and they are just reaching initial operation in 2015 of the F-35 with full operation in 2018! You want to tell me in 1993 they knew they were going to want to have wars in 2018 just for the sole reason of building airplanes?

That's just one small example but I'd say the vast majority of defense spending and acquisition is based on timelines many years in advance.. very rarely is it short term reactionary (an example of that would be Humvees during the beginning of the Wars in Iraq/Afganistan because unfortunately our soldiers were getting wiped out based on current technology -not reinforced enough- and they needed to spend money to change) but the majority of defense spending doesn't have an end game and doesn't need war to justify its existence by any means. That's tinfoil hat shit you were spewing

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I like present US strategy on trying to build a coalition in the Middle East and not to put many U.S. boots on the ground. It's the only long term solution on this problem. The people who
    live there should be fighting this war not us. It's tough because of the politics and sectarian divides which in this part of the world are deadly. I can't see the American public being able to deal with the prospect of captured U.S. soldiers getting burned alive or getting their heads chopped off. To me drone strikes are smart because in most cases they can pinpoint their targets and there isn't so much collateral damage. Plus they have a good record taking out the leadership of these organizations. And they're bombing the hell out of these guys which is good news. The only thing is I keep thinking about something that John McCain said recently that I can't get out of my head. He said: are we going to just sit back and allow this genocide.

#100 pclfan, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015