17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. no psls

no psls Banned

Row 1 of the prime seats .

2. 309'em

309'em Member

We have row 1 seats in prime two seats from the end of the row and there is no plexiglass, just the metal rails which we adjusted to quickly. The plexiglass is pretty much only in the aisles and not the seating areas.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Regarding row 1-4, row 1-2 are obstructed by rails and suck , 3 is ok and 4 is a clear view. My ultimate goal is to get middle of the field, aisle seats, row 4. I will not go lower then row 4 even if they were free

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey now this topic picked up a little bit of steam all of a sudden!!!!

i hope that these new folks get a welcoming by 227!

5. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Okay then im glad i switched from row 2 to row 3.....they had row 4 but it was in the middle of the aisle, so i choose row 3 bc it was near the aisle, now im rethinking that decision. Maybe i should grab those Row 4's. The last thing i want is to be annoyed by a railing.

6. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Whats a better seat.....the upper prime rows about the 15 yard line or the first 8 rows of the end zone lower mezzanine?

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I say upper prime. Endzone is terrible. You only see 1 side of the field. But that's just me. Some might prefer lower elevation.

8. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Okay thank you. Since the PSL's in the endzone mezzanine are going for basically nothing I was thinking about getting them, but I already have the Upper Prime for this season. Everything I have read says the upper deck in Metlife is so much higher than the old stadium, that's what made me think of the endzone mezz.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I believe there is a reason why those end zone PSL's are so much below face. The view isn't really worth the price. Take a look at below picture I saw a few days ago during my google search. It should give you an idea about the old and new stadium heights.

[​IMG]

10. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Wow what a huge difference! Looks like my Row 3 seats in Metlife are equivalent to Row 20 in the old stadium. No wonder people in the higher rows in the UD say its high! lol

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i believe it was around row 10 that would have been at the same height as the last row of the old stadium. the big problem i see is that row 1 in the upper so damn high. there were probably 20 something rows in front of what is now row 1 in the old stadium.

the mezz sideline view is still good even though its pushed back quite a bit and is a little bit higher. but from row 1 in the mezz to the first row in the upper seemed like it was 100 yards up and back.

12. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I know that pre season football is not exciting to watch and nobody wants to go to the game. But whats the point of selling tickets on Stubhub for $4, $5 and $6? Wouldn't it be better to just donate them?

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You can't give away pre-season tickets unless its vs. the Jints so might as well see if someone would pay anything for it. Paying full price for pre-season is the biggest F U to fans of any pro sport

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I always looked at it like I was paying for 8 reg season games not 8 reg and 2 pre. they could just add that amount to reg season and say "free" preseason, would that make us feel better?

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

They used to be $3.00, I was going to buy those all up but I was too late they "doubled" lol

By IRS regulation, your donation of event tickets has to be marked to market if there's a public market for them. So even if you paid $70 for that ticket, when you donate it your writeoff amount is the $6 market value. If your effective tax rate is 40% your tax savings is a whopping $2.40

And if you're selling tickets at a profit on the year and reporting income, when you eat the tickets you can't write off the loss (they assume you used them).

Selling for a penny = 99.99% writeoff, not selling = 0% writeoff

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ugh been A while since I stated how much I hate the new stadium, my doctor says its good therapy for me to vent now and then . This team could go undefeated and I would still hate the view , I mean even if the product on the field gets better the altitude won't !
    Also for the Jet ticket reps / office / all shills or anyone else who monitors the pulse of the fans " I will go to my grave despising you for the lying ball bags that you ALL are ! "

17. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

So the upper deck is that high huh? The 1st 4 rows of the UD better not seem that high or I will not renew ST for next year that's for sure.

18. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Okay so now I understand why people are selling them for $6 bucks lol

19. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I still can not believe the end zone mezz PSL's are dirt cheap on the secondary market...as low as $150 per PSL seat.

20. max

max Active Member

I'm not sure old you are and how your vision is, but if you are upper sideline anywhere in between the 20's those seats are more than ok IMO. If you're upper decker endzone, forget it.