Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

So pumped right now. Thought the game was over after the 1st inning for sure. deGrom looked like he didnt have it but still managed a decent game without his usual stuff.

Duda is a man possessed!

We send a statement with a win tomorrow. Thor! You're up!

NYJetsO12 and The Uniform Bomber like this.
  2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Terry just said that he had read Duda the riot act. Either you produce or I'll get somebody else. It obviously worked. The difference is he's not swinging at bad pitches. He's waiting for good pitches plus he's hot after a 2 month slump.

3. irishwhip03

Should only get better with an actual number 3 hitter in the lineup giving him some protection.

The way he went to opposite field tonight was beauty.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Great job Mets! Football Preseason and Penant Race is a smorgasbord of fun

Looks like we now have two really good GMs in NYC

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Can't believe what a tear Duda us on.

Maybe last year and this stint is the real Duda and that bad stretch was just an awful slump?

_

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

OK so we know the Mets can be competitive even with the worst hitting in the National League. Thank god that Sandy and the Coupons finally decided to make moves and go for it this year. Because it is eminently do-able. And really wasn't that expensive not LAD or Jays expensive But you have to have great closing because this team still shows an inability to pick up runs when there's ducks on the pond. This could drastically change with Cespedes and if Duda stays hot. And if Curtis doesn't go into a dip, something he's done since being a Met. In the past few weeks Grandy has been basically carrying this team offensively. Now they theoretically have as much HR potential as anybody in baseball.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

When you evaluate Travis since returning to the Mets he still has a great swing. So far he's slightly behind on the fast ball. I don't see a plethora of bad habits, like swinging at impossible to hit balls out of the strike zone. So there's a lot of hope with him. Because we all think he can be a very good hitter. He just doesn't have enough of a resume to say he's a slam dunk as a good hitting MLB catcher. This team could really kick it in August and hopefully Sept. There are a whole bunch of guys including Cuddyer who could add to this. Not sure about Wright because of his absence and regression as a hitter. What I worry about is that he could bring them down and Terry would feel obligated to play him even if not hitting. I love what Terry said last week: he will only play guys who are hitting. I hope that will include Wright.

#2667 pclfan, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just bought tickets for tonight's game. I am so ready to see Thor in action. LETS GET THE BROOMS OUT!!

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

And how!

Great time of the year really enhanced by the Metsies and their bright future

Yes to Duda. A good Major League 1st Baseman. The better the lineup the better everyone becomes. Grandy doing a fantastic job.

Hopefully my guy Cespedes settles in comfortably...just contribute

Wright's getting close. Hopefully Matz by the end of August!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JStokes

Solid move. This is going to be a great game.

_

11. Walt White

The Nats are gonna be tough to be beat tonite, trying to avoid the sweep, avoid relinquishing 1st place, and with Zimmerman pitching.

But man it would great to see the fans at Citi cheer on a win tonite. Wow, big game.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hey what time does the game start? It's on natl TV right?

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I really loved how he stopped trying to pull everything, that's the main reason why some of the pull hitters go into prolonged slumps. He was obviously trying to just hit the ball where it was pitched.

If he continues this type of approach, in my opinion he will take his game to a level that the Mets might just be able to make a push in the playoffs.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Just bought my ducats for next Monday night against the Rockies. Next home game. My daughter's belated Father's Day gift for me. Now let's see if she pays me back! btw there is a Dunkin Donuts special for selected games including some of that Rockies series. Here is the link: http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/group_offers.jsp?group=dd_customer
    The code word is donuts.

15. irishwhip03

He's also laying off those garbage breaking balls that are nowhere near the strike zone.

If he can stay doing that it will force the pitchers to throw him some decent pitches to hit.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. JStokes

8:00 pm. ESPN game of the week.

Going to be great.

_

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

they're not gonna cheat us outta this game are they? I'm almost 170 miles from NYC and I still get blacked out even though I'm 100 miles west of philly.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Nice. Thanks buddy.

19. JStokes

Fuck off.

:D
    _

74 likes this.
  20. Walt White

?
    ESPN Monday Nite Game....Only game on the MLB schedule at the time. No blackouts that I know of.

Conforto back up. Niewenhuis to the DL. Gain a LH bat. Lose late inning D, pinch runner.