Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Looks like we have our answer. We are in BIG trouble my friend. Those two guys just don't give up any runs. We really need to overtake the Dodgers this month and make sure we face them in Citifield. At least that will give us a fighting chance. If we don't, we're probably looking at a quick exit. Unfortunately, we got stuck with the most brutal matchup in the playoffs. I'd rather face any playoff team in either league, than face the Dodgers in a five game series.

2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I think if the playoffs started next week it wouldn't look great considering the roll that those 2 guys are on , but lots can happen in a month.

As for the rest of their team , the offense is pretty average for a star studded lineup and the pen is one of the worst in the league. Yeah facing Kershaw and Greinke 4 times in 5 games doesnt sound great , but they still are a pretty flawed team. With a poor postseason track record.

And if I were to guess right now , I think we will get the home field in that potential series.

Bottom line is anything can happen , especially in a short series. As long as were there I'll roll the dice in any matchup.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Syndergaard being skipped Sunday.

Steven Matz to start!!

_

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as Parnell or O'flatterpitch never sees the field again this year, I'm good.

#3124 Cman68, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

The game on the 6th? FUCK was going to that game was looking forward to seeing one our better pitchers

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I guess you'll just have to settle for Matz, one of our lesser arms

7. JStokes

Dude you're going to get Matz in his first stint back.

That place is going to be electric.

Just be glad it's not Niese, or in my case the last 2 games I've been to, Colon.

_

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Matz has allowed 1 run in 2 games. The kid has been superb when he's pitched. I've seen Harvey numerous times this year, as well as Thor and DeGrom one time each. I wanna see Matz badly

9. JStokes

This is like a Christmas present, but a surprise one you didn't ask for.

_

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

With the Nationals playing 4 games against the Braves who have been dreadful, we have to take care of business against Miami.

Diabolical_Jet_Fan and Cman68 like this.
  11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

15-1 Nats tonight. It's mind boggling just how bad the Braves have become. They've now given up 15 runs or more, in 3 of the last 7 games! On July 7th they were 42-42. Since then they've gone 12-38. Just incredible.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I'll take your word for it. And ya the place can be electric for a mets game or a dud on any other night Florida fans suck. So many mets fans...It's like a fucking home game at times. Lets go mets!

13. NYGalPal

Hey Boras go sit in the corner somewhere and shut up. He wants Matt shutdown at 180 innings. You guys don't think Boras is playing bad cop for Harvey, while Matt is going to be playing good cop? Matt will come out saying everything we want to hear, but in actuality he & Scott are on the same page. Knowing what we know about Matt's competitiveness that would seem out of character, but would Scott speak on something like this without his consent, and risk making his client angry? I mean Scott could be filling Matt head up about his future earnings prospects. If Boras is speaking out of turn, If I'm Matt I'm pissed. I'm going to believe Scott is speaking out of turn.

If 180 innings is the cap that would be no Matt in the post season. Which I don't think he will be okay with that.

#3133 NYGalPal, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. dawinner127

As a competitor, there is NO WAY you want to be capped at 180 and not pitch in the postseason. Yes, you want to make as much money as possible, but you also want to win. Winning rings is everything. Matt is the ultimate competitor so I don't think he is on board with this innings shit

15. NYGalPal

Kind of funny that Boras is Strasburg agent. How well did that work for them?

irishwhip03 likes this.
  16. dawinner127

That was their one shot at winning a championship and innings cap fucked it all up. Boras works for Harvey and Harvey works for the Mets. Let's not get this confused Scott.

NYGalPal likes this.
  17. JStokes

Boras has 2 Mets under management, Matt and Conforto.

He had EIGHT Nats.

Maybe he's trying to get them back in the race?

_

18. NYGalPal

A Conspiracy theorists can look at that and say that what he wants to do. I'm not a Conspiracy theorists though. lol Though it another example as to why you don't let agents dictate the course of action you take with your players. One thing Sandy has shown us though is that he's a bit of an hard ass. He ain't no punk, I'm not worried. I never understand why the talk is always about innings and not pitches. In theory a pitcher can get out of an inning on 3 pitches. Or he can go 5 innings and throw 100 pitches. Pitch count fluctuates. Whatever, if we make the post season Matt is going to pitch and Boras is just gonna have to deal.

19. JStokes

This comes down to Harvey making a decision.

Does he want to pitch in the grandest scale in NY in the playoffs or does he want to protect his future earning potential (which is no sure thing)?

He's a competitor, he's going to tell Boras to shut the fuck up.

_

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I like the way the Mets are skipping starts for each starter on different dates. And I'm sure if they wrap it up early they'll cut even more starts. It's a smart way of cutting innings. While I'm not a fan of Sandy's I love him compared to Boras. And love it that SA is taking him on. Boras for a long time has stuck it to the Mets.