2016 is the Year of QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TouchyFeely, Jan 21, 2015.

1. lockgang

lockgang Member

Goff is a very good prospect. You're not high on him?

If he continues to play well, he's going first. He's impressive. I hope people knock him for the offense he came from, his weight, big nose…whatever, and he somehow falls to us.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Haven't seen enough of him and that's an issue because if I'm picking a guy first I want to know a lot about him.

He reminds me a bit of Bortles who came out of nowhere whereas I was drawn to Teddy and Carr and Marcus and Winston two years before they came out.

I have to watch more of him to be sure.

Just not sure I can spend number 1 on him. For instance I didn't know a lot about Mett until he started throwing accurate lasers his senior year and had he not been injured I might have looked at him late first or early second. But not on the 1.

_

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cook
    Goff
    Doughty - jumping on the bandwagon, this guy has talent.

Those are my 3 choices if we had to pick a QB. No specific, order - but the talent pool is really small.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Is he going to get a couple of redshirt years with whomever drafts him like Aaron Rodgers did? He's a true junior and if he doesn't get that he's a shaky 1st round pick.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think Goff will be the first pick in the draft, and I don't think the team that picks him will regret it. Depending on where we're picking I'd try to maneuver a tag and trade with Wilkerson to get up and take him. The Bears were devastated when we took Leonard one spot ahead of them, I figure they'd be interested in a premiere DL.

Way too early to say any of the stuff that I just said. Ridiculous speculation at its finest, but what would the draft be without ridiculous speculation?

6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Doesn't need too; like Mariota and Cam Newton , he's more than capable of learning a "tradational" offense. He doesn't have the elite physical traits of a typical number one pick, but he's a slam dunk top twenty pick .

7. BigSnacks54

Does Cook having problems off the field, Change your opinion of him?

8. 101GangGreen101

You referring to him not being named captain prior to the season?

9. BigSnacks54

Former scouts(Daniel Jeremiah and others) who have contacts within various schools, have implied that he has off the field issues.

10. 101GangGreen101

You been hanging out with Mehta Manish? Do you got a link or proof of this particular acquisition?

If he's got off the field issues, depending on what they are - of course you lower him on your draft board. Jets need to improve on plenty of other positions.

11. I'm a big MSU fan..I'm unaware of any off the field issues but he wouldn't be the first party hearty Spartan QB. Jeff Smoker anyone?

Right now he looks like more of a 5th round pick than a 1st rounder if you ask me. I know he has a much wider body of work & a ton of wins under his belt. He's also extremely talented. Capable of making every throw in all weather. But he repeatedly makes bad decisions & can struggle w/ accuracy. Thought for certain he'd round out his game this season & be a sure-fire top 20 pick.Shame(so far at least)

12. BigSnacks54

Nothing particular ; We probably won't hear specific details until draft season, But, Former scout, Daniel Jeremiah(works for NFLN), says the feedback on Cook hasn't been great.[​IMG]

Nothing specific, but two former scouts are hearing the same. May not be anything major, just something to be aware of.

#272 BigSnacks54, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. BigSnacks54

I was suprised to read that as well. Don't how serious his issues are, but I've never been a huge fan of his, personally. He has looked much better this season, but I perfer Goff by a wide margin. Cook is a day two guy for me (right now at least), but he'll probably go higher.

14. 101GangGreen101

I don't think they are all that serious in regards to those acquisitions.

Regardless, he hasn't looked any different than last year [inconsistent] - which is unfortunate for him because he's improved each yr in college football. He makes a lot of big boy throws you want, but again the inconsistencies are really an issue - normally it's due to his footwork. I still see him as a first round pick. If you got a good QB that can coach up and fix those inconsistencies, he can be a player in this league.

15. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Not so sure 2017 won't be even worse than 2016 when talking QB's. Really like the way Kevin Hogan has been playing. Would like him in the middle rounds but he's going to continue to move up the draft board if he keeps it up.

16. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Goff is outstanding. we should do anything to get him

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Goff looking sharp against the Utes so far. It just feels like when he gets going, no defense can stop him.

Got a feeling this is the game that will make him a top 10 pick.

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think I'm ready to say it. Jared Goff is the best QB prospect I've watched since Andrew Luck. Loved Teddy, loved Mariota, Goff is better. He's got everything. I hope the team that gets the #1 pick doesn't need a QB so we have a prayer of using Mo to trade up.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You have to make that trade in a few weeks here. Give the Lions Mo and something else for their #1 next year and hope they keep losing.

20. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

The Lions D-Line is pretty damn good so I don't think it needs Wilkerson at the cost of the top overall pick.

I don't trade Wilkerson anyway because Richardson is not a sure thing with his off-field incident.