Good Guy With a Gun

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jun 25, 2015.

1. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"good guy with a gun" gone bad in Houston over the weekend

"Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects."

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015...-carjacking-shooting-at-gas-station/72923278/

that's why I can't get on board with that cause. "good guy with a gun" can = vigilante police force. our own trained police forces fuck up from time to time having to use their guns but we want to be okay with random guy in Houston?

I had a friend "Tony" once who always carried a concealed handgun. His reasoning was for protection. Seems reasonable ?

Another friend and I were mugged once down South. We were walking home from a bar when some assholes approached us for money. We told them to get lost and they decked my friend knocking him to the ground. One of the guys then pulled a gun on me and told me to give him my wallet. I obliged. they ran away and I called the police.

now think back about my friend Tony and his concealed handgun. same situation. I get decked and they pull a gun on him. Does he pull out his piece and start shooting? maybe, maybe not but he would be putting himself into an impromptu gun battle.. after a few beers.... in downtown (city)...

I lost $50 and had to replace my CC and IDs. but I'm still here watching the Jets lose on Sundays. If he pulled out his gun he might not be here today... or he might've killed the bad guys and made it famous as a "good guy with a gun"..
    ask yourself whats happening more? are there more "good guy with a gun" stories? are there more "good guy with a gun" stories gone wrong? or are there more stories like mine? lastly, which of the 3 are best for society?

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

These assholes always get away.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So this guy picks up the shell casings and takes off? Do you think this is maybe a rival gang member or something?

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he could be..

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to take drastic measures to shut the mouthy chicks up.

_

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I've read that before.
    I think it was in Ray Race's Book Of Relationship Adviceā„¢, chap 24

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member