Turkey shoots down Russian Jet

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DimsAllmighty, Nov 24, 2015.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And damn, I was like 2 or 3 years too early.

Look to the skies in the east or west or some shit.

nycarl and Dierking like this.
  2. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Putler is a hero of the GOP? Why?

Putler's forces have been invading others air spaces for a while now, this is nothing new. Finally someone had the balls to do something about it even after TEN(??) warnings? Sucks that your pilots died and all but don't go blaming Turkey on this like you are innocent. Also Prez O has no balls.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

its not the what.....just the when

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

No balls. That's exactly why he didn't go after and kill Osama in Pakistan. /s

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

You really think he is that great? Government doesn't seem different no matter what talking head may be talking. Killing him was merely a distraction for something else not to be reported

6. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

it is thanksgiving..turkey and that

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

So Putin ordered S-400 missile systems to be deployed in Syria. Is this the end of Turkey's air strikes against the Kurds?

#27 Petrozza, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Every time I see this thread title I think it's about a Thanksgiving turkey shoot.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

#29 Petrozza, Nov 25, 2015
  10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, when I saw the thread title I honestly though a real live turkey got sucked into a Russian fighter jet's air intake causing the engine to explode and the Jet to crash.

_

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

God bless Roni Ellen. She was my mentor when I first came to America. She would call me turkey from Turkey when I made her mad. Even I have hard time understanding what is meant by Turkey sometimes. In all seriousness, all of you are bunch of savages. We need @Br4dw4y5ux to come in and tell us why the hell a countries name is named after an animal?

12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Etymology
    Main article: Name of Turkey
    The name of Turkey (Turkish: Türkiye) is based on the ethnonym Türk. The first recorded use of the term "Türk" or "Türük" as an autonym is contained in the Old Turkic inscriptions of the Göktürks (Celestial Turks) of Central Asia (c. 8th century).[29] The English name Turkey first appeared in the late 14th century and is derived from Medieval Latin Turchia.[30]
    The Greek cognate of this name, Tourkia (Greek: Τουρκία) was used by the Byzantine emperor and scholar Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus in his book De Administrando Imperio,[31][32] though in his use, "Turks" always referred to Magyars.[33] Similarly, the medieval Khazar Empire, a Turkic state on the northern shores of the Black and Caspian seas, was referred to as Tourkia (Land of the Turks) in Byzantine sources.[34] The Ottoman Empire was sometimes referred to as Turkey or the Turkish Empire among its contemporaries.[35]

Br4d likes this.
  13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I dont think hes great. I just find it funny when people say he has no balls.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

There's this guy in my town from Turkey who runs a kick ass coffee shop. He'll sell you a cool rug, too, usually for hanging on your wall though. Just putting that out there.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't get how this could spark World War III?

With Russia, the US and most of Europe against ISIS and this country, who will the war be with? ISIS screwed themself when starting shit with Russia. They had a punchers chance without getting involved against them because Putin is now fond of western culture, but now? What a bunch of morons.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Russia gets pissed at Turkey for shooting down their aircraft. Putin, after a handle of vodka gets pissed and starts retaliating against Turkey.

Turkey, a NATO member, calls in their "help a brotha out" NATO card.

At first NATO members will "issue stern warnings" towards Russia, all while battling a proxy war in Syria as Russian forces try to prop up Assad- while U.S.-led NATO forces try to take control of the country through rebels. With tensions high, it spirals out of control especially as things get ramped up in Turkey. Russia calls their friends in China who are facing troubles with diminishing resources and looking for an opportunity to gain further power. Around the same time newly elected President Trump will talk tough and refuse to back down..further fanning the flames

Eventually this all leads to WWIII. NATO coalition (US, UK, France, etc.) vs. Russian/China coalition. (ISIS is kind of irrelevant in the whole thing)

--- at least thats how World War III started in my video game. a lot like the other two world wars: entangling alliances and proxy wars.

#37 BrowningNagle, Nov 25, 2015
    FJF likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is why Russia-Turkey escalation will not happen. For Turkey, this is the cold hard truth. Turkey gets more than 60 % of its gas from Russia and the rest comes from Iran who is a big Russian ally.

[​IMG]

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

People to this day debate the real details and the motives involved in how WWI got started. Don't expect things to be clear if it goes that way.

I must say I am concerned. How concerned? Not really sure.

JetBlue likes this.
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Where did you read that? They are claiming that they didn't know it was a Russian plane and one has to be close enough to fire the gun.