Leicester City FC

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Can't decide whether it would be cooler for LC to win the title against Man United at Old Trafford this weekend or the following at home versus Everton.

I want to see them win it in front of their amazing fans (I also want Vardy to be playing when they win). But I think they get it done against United on Sunday.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Either scenario is golden honestly.

Old Trafford would be epic
    Own fans would be delirium

3. Ubiquitous

You're right.

Thoughts on another 4th place? (Sorry lol, I had to)

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fire Wenger or Forced Retirement, if that is a thing in Europe.

5. Ubiquitous

He's really gotta go. This was the year if they were ever to win a title, and they're still fourth.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Pussified french complex...Not sure how any fan in London can take any more of this. The ownership is just satisfied with mediocrity but I am sick and tired of not spending to get guys or just buying value guys or spending to buy one player.

How fucking long have they been talking about them getting a DM or CDM? Since Song has been gone and that other dude who always got hurt fizzled out.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's ridiculous to think that they could win it with 2 games left to play, on April 15th of 2015 they were sitting in relegation and in 54 weeks they could be the Champs of the Premier League, even more crazy that they were actually relegated from the Championship in 2009 down to League One and in 6 years they'll be the Kings of England. They have some players who have actually won the League One Championship, the Championship Championship (ha) and now the Premier League Championship. Still trying to verify but this apparently has never been done by any player with one team.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I heard one sports book director saying that if and now it seems inevitable Leicester win the title it's going to cost them 14 million dollars. Not sure if that was just Vegas or all over the world but in England unlike in the US they bookies can actually negotiate a buyout with you so if say you placed a 20 pound bet and were going to win 100K they would say give you 65K if you wanted to guarantee you were going to win something. At this point though if you have that ticket you aren't cashing out early. I would have gotten nervous after Spurs thrashed Stoke and Leicester drew with West Ham but now I'd be very confident we are going to witness the greatest miracle in the history of sports.

Ubiquitous and Poeman like this.
  9. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Ownership likes him because Arsenal is so financially sound now, in all likelihood.

10. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

11. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

After leading 2 nil at chelsea, spurs blew there lead when chelsea scored 2 goals
    The hunt is over and the foxes won the epl

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

They fucking did it.

Leicester City are the Premier League Champions! Un-fucking believable. Wow...wow...wow

Poeman likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I can't even fathom what their fans must be feeling right now. I mean I've seen the Devils win three titles but none of them were anywhere near this much of a outhouse to penthouse story. Even US hockey in 1980 'only' had 1000-1 odds of winning gold compared to Leicester, which was a 5000-1 longshot. They were favored TO BE RELEGATED lol

15. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

16. Ubiquitous

My favorite sports story ever. Complete.

Well done you Foxes.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The biggest sporting achievement in history. Good for them. I saw it live at work. Gathered few colleagues to witness it happen. Hazard goal was sick in chelsea.

18. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Fantastic achievement, but I'm not sure it quite is the biggest. Nottingham Forest are a very similar size club to Leicester. They grabbed the last promotion spot from the old Division 2 in 1977, but followed it up with winning the Division 1 title (now the PL) the next year, then they won the European Cup (now Champions League) the year after that and repeated the feat the following year for good measure. Went from also-rans in the second tier of English football to two-time European Champions in a period of just over four years. Now if Leicester were to win the Champions League next year that might eclipse Forest.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hear you about Nottingham, but this outclasses it...You know the level of talent up/salaries on these big teams nowaday is insane (Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Everton, and other clubs)

The level of disparity at the top can be big throughout a 38 game marathon of a season. The fact that LC survived relegation with a draw/another team losing last season on the final day to winning this season is borderline dreamlike scenario.

There isnt a completely fair comparison but I see why the Nottingham one is close.

If Arsenal's unbeaten team of 2004 were the Invincibles, then Ranieri's 5,000-1 long shots are the Incredibles.

Speaking of Arsenal, that is a team that should feel embarrassed at how this season turned out

Satan likes this.