PSL Sale Question

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell Tickets' started by Revis4MVP, May 20, 2016.

1. Revis4MVP

Revis4MVP New Member

Hi guys, quick question, recently my father unfortunately passed away, he was a lifelong Jets fan and had been working on paying off the PSL's for two seats in section 146, row 12. Some awesome seats at a corner of an endzone. He has paid a total of $7000 into the two seats of $1000, at $5000 per seat. I've heard from a friend that there is no real resale value to the PSL's anymore, and that the only real options are to hand them off to somebody or to the Jets, receiving nothing in return. I was hoping to find out if this could be true, because it sounds ridiculous, and where I would start looking to sell them. We could finish paying them off and then sell them if that's what it takes, unless there really is no market for them. Thank you very much for any advice.

2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

First, I'm sorry for your loss. Basically, if returning them to the Jets and owing nothing is an option, then you would have to sell them for $3000+ just to break even on your end. Is that correct? Doesn't sound promising, but you never know. You can always list them on eBay and craigslist, while also posting them for sale on jets forums. Until the Jets start winning some playoff games, they really won't be worth much... and even then I doubt you'd be able to get all $10k back.

3. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

double post

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi

First off, I am very sorry to hear about your dad. You can check resale prices on Seasonticketrights.com.

https://www.seasonticketrights.com/New-York-Jets/Personal-Seat-Licenses/Personal-Seat-Licenses.aspx

Above site is playing middle man for folks who wants to sell the tickets for a hefty fee.

The cheapest PSL on Section 146 is Row 44 seats for $1700 each. Assume you sell at the same price, after paying the fee, you will only get around $3000 which will be the same amount you need to pay the Jets so you can sell the PSL's. So selling tickets has zero value for you.

If you decide not to pay to Jets for PSL anymore, you can default your PSL's. I know a few folks who did it and Jets didn't go after them. I doubt they will go after you either. So your best action is default the tickets and walk away. I know this sounds stupid but at this market value, you don't have much chance.

PS: If you can find somebody on your own and sell to them for higher than 1500 per PSL without paying any commision to the middle man, go ahead and do it.