17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

with a direct escalator to the parking lot to boot

CBG likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that escalator was scary. can we get a net or something folks?

the 4 circles were so easy to get down at the end of a game too. so simple.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You guys see the article that Meyers wrote and Florio the douche chimed in on ? PSL s are a fu&@ing joke,,,,home field advantage ? Nice job alienating all the long time fans and diehards,,,,what a train wreck ! I will say it again ,thank God I did not buy a PSL,,,,no regrets about giving up my tickets,,none nil,nada ! But The way it was handled by the Jets and their reps and ticket office execs was embarrassing , they should be ashamed of themselves and take long hard looks in the mirror,,,,but they don't care especially about us,,they never did ! Karma is a very strange thing,,just sayin

4. alleycat9

man i miss 227, i hope that dude is ok. i used to love his full on rants about what a bunch of fucktards the personal ticket reps were.

5. alleycat9

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ders-buy-two-more-season-tickets-without-psl/

Jets let PSL holders buy two more season tickets without PSL
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 22, 2016, 8:15 AM EDT
    [​IMG]Getty Images
    When MetLife Stadium opened, the Jets used Personal Seat Licenses for all seat except the upper deck. Plenty of fans plunked down the phony fee for the right to sit in the seat that corresponds with the season tickets, but the PSLs didn’t sell out.

Six years later, they still haven’t sold out. And now the Jets are ditching the PSL requirement, for at least a year.

According to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, the Jets have offered to Jets Club and PSL holders the chance to buy up to two additional season tickets without a Personal Seat License. And Myers doesn’t like it.

“[T]he Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders,” Myers writes. “How would you feel if you spent the money in 2010 to buy four PSLs and the person next to you bought two. And now that person can get two more tickets without the PSL simply because the market would not support the Jets selling all the PSL seats in the last six years.”

Myers has a point, but it’s an awkward spot for the team because the tickets without PSLs already are getting sold on a per-game basis to whoever wants to buy them. Why shouldn’t current PSL holders get dibs? Either way, there will be folks who paid exorbitant amounts for the right to annually buy season tickets sitting among folks who simply paid face value.

The best solution for the Jets would be to sell out the remaining inventory of PSLs. That would be a lot easier if the Jets would get back to the playoffs for the first time since 2010, the year the stadium opened.

For 2016, the ongoing effort to market made-up equities would get a bit of a boost if the team’s starting quarterback from last year’s near-miss were under contract.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes Mr Alleycat that is the story I referred to,,,,,I'm wondering who has told more lies Hillary Clinton or the Jet Ticket office,,,its a close second

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. GordonGecko

The Jets can easily sell out PSLs, all they have to do is drop prices to $80 each and $20 for the preseason with free parking

I have to say it a million times, a PSL only has value if it entitles you to tickets below market value. The structure just doesn't work when ticket prices are so high and 20% of the price is for 2 non-games

It also doesn't help that the people with the money are across the river. The worst decision Woody Johnson ever made was giving up on an NYC stadium.

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko you are correct,,,the only problem is no way no how do the Jets drop any prices be it preseason or regular season games,,,in fact Did they not raise prices again this year ? Thank god I bailed after year 1 and boy do I love my man cave !

9. GordonGecko

is this any good?

[​IMG]

They have all the Jets and Giants regular season games. Apparently this company is selling direct to stubhub

10. GordonGecko

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I saw this today and was gonna post here but you beat me to it. I don't know if this is any good but I will give it a try later this year. I will post about it once I try this.

12. GordonGecko

well here's the thing, that offer is from a company called Ultimate Tailgate Party and they tell you basically what's involved and it costs $75. The party is at the racetrack and they have a shuttle to the parking lot to get to the game.

What I want to really know is what the "Pregame Hospitality" is, that costs only $27 (direct from ticketmaster) and is INSIDE the Stadium. Seems like a no-brainer but I really want to know what you get for $27

13. Brook!

I will be at the Bengals game. Tell me which one to try GG and I will try :) Okay I will try Pregame Hospitality. Sounds better than the race track. :)

14. GordonGecko

looking at it closer the pregame hospitality are on ticketmaster's ticketsnow which is a resale site. So now I'm thoroughly confused. Are the tickets listed on ticketsnow the same as:
    https://www.primesport.com/d/newyorkjets ?

if you scroll down they sell tickets "starting at $22.50" which includes:

"The Official Jets Pregame Party features food, open beer & wine, pregame broadcast, appearance by a former Jets player and the Jets Flight Crew and more! Official Jets Pregame Hospitality will be located in-stadium and open 2 hour prior to kickoff."

that sounds like a fantastic deal (except they add a $4 service fee plus $20 shipping)

15. Brook!

GG

The total comes to 46 bucks for me for just 2 hours. I would prefer the Ultimate Tailgate since it is for almost 5 hours. Don't know what you think.

16. GordonGecko

I think if I can find a way to avoid the shipping fee it's worth it. I'm not showing up at 8 am for a Sunday game anyways and I'm good with the 2 hours. But the $20 shipping is stupid

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. GordonGecko

the Jets killed the price floor on the exchange this year. You can now get preseason games for $5 upstairs or lowers for $15

I also noticed that on the primary ticketmaster page you can come off the street and buy PSL tickets if you have a Chase credit card, no PSL required

18. alleycat9

it was bound to happen Gordon. I feel bad for those guys who sunk thousands and thousands of dollars into that mess a few years ago.

we were talking about folks we missed that haven't been seen in quite some time. 227 always pops into my head when that happens. he was so absolutely amazing in this thread, some of his stories of dealing with the ticket brokers and some of the idiots that were a part of this is just something ill never forget about this board. I think this threads time has passed, but I really hope that they leave it stickied as I like to come back to it and check one of the almost 1000 pages and see the humor and anxiety and anger and hatred that this new piece of shit stadium brought to our fan base.

19. alleycat9

pats-hater, 17a tailgater, rowonejetsfan. man this thread was fucking epic.

CBG likes this.
  20. alleycat9

this was a good one.