Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Wow. Bottom of the 4th and already it's a lost game. I'll be totally shocked if we come back and win this.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is disgusting!

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Opportunity blown in this game. Cant fault Noah too much even though he looked shaky from the start. Should've gotten out of the inning at 4-2 if Loney actually dove for a ball he could've gotten.

If it was me I would've pulled d'Arnaud for Rivera way before I pulled Noah. To not start him in this game, when he has proven he is able to hold runners better when Noah is on the mound, is head scratching to say the least.

Not like d'Arnaud is hitting the cover off the ball.

#7263 irishwhip03, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    rohirrim665 likes this.
  4. rohirrim665

Is this team as embarrassed as I am? Our best hitter is on our divisonal rival.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

6. rohirrim665

Damn. Not good.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Injuries are un raveling this team....Hard to watch tonight

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Thor said he was fine and I believe he denied the bone spur. He said he felt great, too strong even, and even topped out at 101 mph. He said he was bearing down on the hitters and that was the reason he was slow to the plate tonight. He chalked it up to a bad outing.
    He'll be ready to go next start

Matz on the other hand looks to be a little tentative about what's going on with him. He definitely has a bone spur, and has known about it since May. He said a shot made him feel better, but he felt sore again after two starts.

Sandy & Co. are meeting tomorrow to discuss the approach with Matz going forward. TBD.

Harvey on the hill manana......Big game for him....

9. irishwhip03

I'd love to know the "sources". Noah denies it , the team denies it. But obviously they are lying and the "sources" are correct? God I hate the NY media.

It can never be as simple as , he just didnt pitch well and the Nats abused his and d'Arnaud's inability to throw a runner out.

I guess thats not sexy enough of a side story for them.

It just HAS to be that the sky is falling after every loss. Yuck

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone should ask the puppy dog, we know Jay wants to be honest about injuries :p

11. Walt White

Reyes can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Under his set of circumstances I believe he deserves a second chance, and a chance for redemption. He's gonna help.

Let Puppy Dog handle all the media and attention that that will get also. Just spill the beans. Maybe the whole world will love us and our Mgr then.

We need another quality player on our roster that can hit, on top of Reyes.

Wheeler threw and felt good

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The Mets got expoited last night. They HAVE to get better with the stolen bases. Virtually every guy that got on base stole because they knew we wouldn't have a chance. F D'arnaud, give me Rivera. They made us look like a joke last night.

13. Walt White

We worked out Yulieski Gourriel and reportedly are mulling him over. Sign the beast for two years and don't look back, however old he is, fuck it. We need players that fuckin hit...gamers.

We have too many guys that aren't getting it done, or are not consistent enough. You can carry one or two starters like that if your very good in the heart of your lineup.

The heart of our lineup is from hunger. We need another player for fucks sake

Apparently Gourriel is buddies with Ces, so that prolly gets Ces back for another year too.

14. irishwhip03

Its become laughable how poor d'Arnaud has become behind the plate. I guess he's always been this way but considering how he's rarely healthy, opposing teams just havent noticed enough to take advantage.

Supposedly Jonathan Lucroy is a name that the team will be targeting at the deadline. Not sure what the Brewers would want for him but if its d'Arnaud and a pitching prospect I hope Sandy pulls the trigger.

A catcher upgrade both defensively and offensively is sorely needed and it would be nice if that came in the form of one player.

15. irishwhip03

Its almost silly at this point if the team doesnt sign this guy. He wants NY , he's played with Cespedes , and if we're banking on Jose coming in here and giving us 80 games at 3B I think we're fooling ourselves.

16. dawinner127

I'm a huge fan of Lucroy. I just don't want to dish one of the 5 for him. If it is TD and a prospect, for sure, I'm all over it. Getting Lucroy and signing Gourriel for 2 - 3 years can instantly fix the lineup woes.

17. irishwhip03

If Milwaukee is asking for that type of player in return either from us or another team , then Lucroy is going to remain there until the price goes down. But he's signed through next year for cheap too so that only increases his value. Just not as high as any of our top 5 IMO , even Wheeler.

After trading Fulmer though our minor league system is pretty thin with starting pitching. Tons of shortstops though and I'd give the Brewers their pick of either d'Arnaud or Plawecki.

If I was them I would ask for Conforto or Nimmo in any deal involving Lucroy.

18. dawinner127

Only reason I would even entertain the thought of trading one of the 5 is because we have to realize we aren't resigning them all. 3 of them are going to be gone and we might as well get what we can for them. Mehhh.

19. irishwhip03

I agree. I just dont think the team would do that in-season. And it would have to be for a player a little better than Lucroy.

20. dawinner127

2 rockets hit directly at Rendon then one at Murphy. Hopefully Harvey can show some dominance tonight.