This years Stefon Diggs is

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 74, Apr 24, 2016.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Bump now that the Jets signed him

This dude just gets open and he has great hands

#2 74, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Interesting that Anderson, Marshall and Hackett all get signed as UDFA shortly after someone name drops them on here. Watched some of Robby. I like the guy. Good pick up.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Its a long shot but these receivers all have a chance at being long term contributors. They all are pretty fast guys Peake and Anderson ran official 4.3s and Marshall is a great PR. All should make the roster with maybe Anderson being a PS guy and the other 2 making the roster the 53 man.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Bump this motherfucker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

mangolden. All preseason as I've watched this guy I remembered how high you were on him coming in. Good call

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Great call.

How did this guy go undrafted? And somehow Shaquille Evans was a fourth round pick.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

A lot of people asking that. A couple reasons why.

His college career was bizarre. He started as a CB in 2012. In 2013 he left the team for unknown reason, came back and converted to WR. Didn't really do anything at first then his production exploded second half of the season. Then didn't even play in 2014 cuz of academic reasons. He came back in 2015 and most people discovered him from scouting Will Jackson in the game I linked above, Robby put up an impressive game against him (So this dude just started playing WR and was able to handle one of the best cornerbacks in the country after a year off).

He's lanky and only put up 8 reps. Speed was good but agility scores were not that good. So on paper he looks like just a fast skinny guy, easily overlooked. His football skills are so superior it doesn't matter, he's got enough athleticism for the NFL.

Stats weren't anything that would make you look twice if you just look at season totals. Like I mentioned in the other thread, the temple qb is strong armed but terribly innacurate.

The mainstream media didn't know about him. They had him so low in their rankings obvious they never watched him play. The NFL for the most part just follows the media hype machine.

So off-field concerns and athletic red flags paired with arguably the best WR skills in the class. He definitely should have been drafted on day 3 but luckily he didn't and ended up with the Jets because of their Temple connections.

All Gas No Shake likes this.