Jets claim Seferian-Jenkins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Sep 26, 2016.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Nothing desperate about it IMO. For one, he's likely in a better situation here with Marshall already vowing to vouch/look out for him. Second, from my understanding it's not an issue money wise.

Where exactly do you see desperation?

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Redzone desperation?

It's not been as efficient as last year but I think that will come. I agree, this is the same offense with just more options in the RZ. ASJ will provide blocking and an option you have to account for, allowing for more effective formations and other options to receive less attention.
    If teams treat him as nothing but a decoy, all the better, we now have a go-to option in the RZ.

It's mind boggling how anyone can see this acquisition as a negative. Even if he ONLY blocks and is indeed a decoy at least he provides the threat of a decoy that Davis doesn't.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its cute how many folks shit on a guy for a dui, and whatever else his issues are. you motherfuckers drive home from just about every game drunk.

4. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Exactly. We are not replacing Gronk here. If he catches one pass, and can block we are ahead of where we are now.

stinkyB and BacktoQueens like this.
  5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Exactly this, the reason Davis is on the roster is that he can allegedly block. If Jenkins can manage what Davis does and actually catch the ball every now and then it will open up offense for the WR's.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

When was the last time we had a decent tight end?

Anthony Becht? lol

7. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. And he was arrested for multiple DUI's already, not "a" DUI. Not that it makes any fucking difference either. Gotta love the hypocrisy on this board with certain people.

8. So is it better for the Jets to just pass him by?Should no team sign him b/c he has personal issues? We've seen that with quite a few players as of late & those guys are never better off without football. They're always back in the news for legal trouble of all kinds. At least football lends them a second chance at the price of being in the limelight & some structure. Not all of them figure it out..and those guys fade away on their own..but at least a second chance provides their LIFE..just that...another chance to better themselves off the field.

He definitely is the best Y Tight end the Jets have had in awhile..if motivated & healthy.

Brian Castillo was whining on Joe & Evan this morning that ASJ isn't a good blocker & is similar to Amaro. That couldn't be more wrong.ASJ is not only a far superior blocker to Amaro..he's an above average blocker..period.He also can actually play the Y which Gailey prefers...Amaro could not,

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Everyone else did. :)
    It might work out for us, I just don't see it. I don't think he's worth the trouble. He's a dirt wad, a proven headcase, immature, stupid. And he hasn't proven to be a quality TE so far either, so why deal with all this shit when you don't even count on TE's to make plays in your scheme. We have enough weapons, we don't lack weapons. We lack consistent QB play. And he's not gonna fix that.

10. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

I don't even know how you missed that Erin Henderson, the Jets linebacker, was out of Football due to his issues for over a year and used that time to go to rehab. Now...he plays for the Jets.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. Oh I'm well aware of Erin Henderson..there are absolutely success stories. I don't know how you missed Johnny Manziel;,Josh Gordon ,Derrick Blackmon & now Greg Hardy.

12. "Everyone else" has a reception from their TE this season.

I don't even look at ASJ "Weapon" potential to be honest. Anything he brings in that regard is just a bonus.He's an in line blocker who can seal the edge playside/backside that is respectable enough as a receiver that Defenses must account for him..which they didn't before his arrival.

What's that potentially mean? Keep the expectations modest. This means improved run blocking on the edges,1 less defender on the Jets other weapons you alluded to, & could mean less of Forte staying in to block...and more of Forte attacking the short portions of field on passing downs as a safety valve.

The fact that ASJ can ALSO contribute as a pass catcher..quite possibly even in the red zone..is just gravy.

13. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Does him and Enunwa in the same formation count as a 2 TE set? either way I want to see how that look plays out. 2 DUIs is not a good look and flat out stupid. That said, TDs and Ws go a long way towards forgiveness among a fan base. So as a JETS fan, Im routing for this kid to figure things out and fulfill his elite TE potential.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Every time I see that name I hear Shirley Bassey singing "Stone Fingers."

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In case you haven't noticed, 3 of our weapons (our top 3 WRs) are injured. So at the moment we don't have "enough weapons." You're wrong when you keep saying that "you don't even count on TEs to make plays in your scheme." Gailey has counted on TEs when he's had one. The problem with the Jets is that we haven't had one worth a damn, so he's not been utilizing those plays.

While ASJ may not fix the consistent QB play, if he pans out, he should be able to help with the rushing attack and also should be able to help open up the passing attack.

Just because ASJ is immature, doesn't mean he's a dirt wad.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think it's a little dumb that people are under the assumption 2 DUIs defines a person. One of my best friends got two DUIs before the age of 24. License gone, car totaled, all that jazz. Guess what? We graduated college, he's got a good full time job, got married, has a kid on the way and has been sober close to a decade.

If you didn't feel like reading: it's dumb to count ASJ out because of two mistakes.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on. Well said. I could have easily have had 2 DUIs in college. I think probably most of us could have. I was fortunate, blessed to have never been caught DUI.

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

ASJ > Kellen Davis

. (period) end of discussion

FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

7 catches in week 17. Completely irrelevant the rest of the season.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I agree with the Latter but ALWAYS been awful? C'mon ..he's had some good fukin games here and for Buffalo..

Same with the "Bowles doesn't prepare" guys. No one was saying shit when we beat the Pats in OT and came back and beat the vaGiants last year...and lets not even talk about both of them in the Buffalo game...
    They looked so unprepared and Fitz was horrible..

See, it looks dumb when it's exaggerated.

Bowles has been out coached a few times and FItz has looked like shit a few times but this ALWAYS sucks thing is crazy...
    I'm not the biggest Fitz fan but I'm a damn realist about it..

Footballgod214 and richieC like this.