Pick 3 from this trash heap of WRs

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by GreenGreek, Nov 30, 2016.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

.75PPR, .25PPC, 8 rec yards/point, 10 rush yards/point

Allen Robinson vs DEN (Oh how I wish I would have picked Evans in the first instead)
    Willie Snead vs DET
    Tyreek Hill @atl
    Tyler Boyd vs PHI
    Marvin Jones Jr. @NO
    Mike Wallace vs MIA

Pick 4 if you think I should start any of them at Flex over Gore @ NYJ.

A win clinches me a bye for next week. Wallace and Hill have had the best floor. I know the week I finally put Robinson on the bench, he'll put up a huge game. Jones has been trash lately, but a shootout in NOLA wouldn't be surprising.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

jesus christ that is rough dude

Might be time to bench Robinson in that matchup out of all honesty

I would roll with:

Hill - seems to be a big part of that offense and finds the endzone nearly every week
    Boyd - If AJ doesn't play I really like him this week, lots of opportunities
    Snead - That game has a potential for a shootout, but it just seems like he is so boom-or-bust with Cooks and the emergence of M. Thomas

I would also play one of those other WRs over Gore. Wallace in a revenge spot vs Miami is juicy. After there win last week he tweeted out "7 days" so you know he will def try and take the top off at least once. Jones is also interesting since I believe that game can be a shootout, but he can also get lost in that offense.

Hope that helps. If you don't mind, can you take a look at mine?

Pick 2 of these 4:

Enunwa vs Indy - Forte game? Run the ball often and early, could hurt his production
    Mike Wallace vs Miami - same as reason for you
    Cole Beasley @Minny - Mr. Consistent. Dude is a PPR Machine and Dallas could struggle tonight so Beasley could have his way with Rhodes locking down Dez and a lot of room undearneath?
    Marquees Wilson vs SF - Monster week last week with Barkley but he threw 54 times? Doubt that happens again as I believe they feed Jordan Howard more often.

Right now leaning towards Wallace and Beasley. .5 PPR

3. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

In terms of reception volume, they should all be pretty similar, with Wilson & Enunwa having some favorable matchup volume upside. I think Dallas-Minny will be pretty conservative, because it's likely to be a very low scoring game. I worry about the revenge game narrative for Wallace. Sure, he'll be pumped, but Miami has a solid defense, and just because Wallace is extra motivated, doesn't mean Flacco will force him the ball. It's a tough call, and likely depends if you're a favorite or underdog this week. I'd rank their upside: 1) Wilson 2a) Enunwa 2b) Wallace 4) Beasley. I'd rank their floor: 1) Beasley 2a) Wallace 2b) Wilson 4) Enunwa. If you're already a favorite, go with the higher floors. If you need a lottery ticket, go with the higher upside.

In my case, I was leaning towards those top 3, but those are some ugly names with little upside other than Hill. In most leagues, I'd agree with going with Jones or Wallace over Gore (or Ajayi) in very bad matchups. However, with .25 points per carry, the floor on primary RBs in this league is hard to pass up though. Even in a bad game, if a guy like Gore or Ajayi gets 16 carries & 2 receptions, they're starting out with 5.5 points before you count any yardage or scores. Add in a terrible 50 yards rushing & 8 receiving, and they have a disappointing, but not back breaking 11.5 points. My gut tells me to gamble & to start Jones over someone. Detroit is a middle of the pack scoring D against the best scoring O, and middle of the pack O against the second worst scoring D. You'd have to expect Stafford to throw 50+ times. My mind says my gut is nuts. Had Jones been at least getting consistent 4+ receptions per game, he'd be a safe bet, but he's had too many 1-2 catch games for my liking.