The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Hey, if the U.N. or U.S. want to pony up $10M for me I'll take a shot at it. I'll go all MacGuyver and build a suitcase nuke out of empty aluminum cans and some spreading yew plants. I'll just bedazzle the suitcase, leave it outside the palace, and Kim Jong will be sure to want to pick it up.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Trump may not get his wall built but he'll get the Rocket Man before his presidency ends.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Of course he's not going to get his wall built.and another 20 year nation building project is not an accomplishment

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Trying to twist a common figure of speech into an anti-Semitic swipe? . Nice try with the "faux" paranoia little man (and "faux" because no way you're Jewish).

Jews aren't assholes.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

what a dotard

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Trump supporters have short memories. They don't care about what happened in Iraq, they just want three things: power, entertainment, and pissing off liberals. War with NK would accomplish all three.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Who doesn't love pissing off liberals though?

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

Meme wars are funny. Real wars aren't.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Liberals love pissing off liberals. Few things are more hilarious than seeing a self liberal get out liberaled.

I'll see your race appreciation and raise you cultural appropriation.

10. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Wikipedia sponsors kim so he spits out words to generate hits on their page

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

A very liberal thing to say ;)

I don't get what Kim Jong Un and North Korea's play is here other than trying to flex their muscles obviously. We have the most nuclear warheads in the world outside of Russia. We also have the most over any other country by likely around 5,000.

So in the horrible scenario where North Korea gets even one bomb to make landfall in the United States, we wipe the country off the face of the earth, don't we?

This NBC article (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...-has-nuclear-weapons-how-many-do-they-n548481) seems to think that North Korea doesn't even have the capacity to launch such weapons and certainly not get them halfway across the country to the United States. Not to mention he seems to be wasting what resources he might have to blow them up in the oceans.

So I can't see them starting a nuclear war with us. It would be detrimental to us of course, but it would also absolutely destroy their entire country as it stands. North Korea isn't a very big nation to blow up....

12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

But if it hits Japan or South Korea ...

Btw both are nut jobs , trump a voted in nutjob who still thinks he is on the apprentice

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I didn't see any highly respected world leaders do any such thing in that article.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

14. HomeoftheJets

If Kim is irrational, he might do anything, which is why provoking him could be dangerous. But I think he's rational, which means his primary goal is to preserve his regime. Which in turn means as long as he feels secure, he won't attack the US because the moment he does he's done for. OTOH if he feels he's in imminent danger of being taken out, I think he'd rather go out with a bang, the lives of his people be damned. So if Trump tries a preemptive strike or an assassination attempt, he might start a nuclear war.

Also NK wouldn't be easy to invade like Iraq. Unlike Iraq they actually have WMDs, and their country is mountainous and well-fortified. We could probably take them out in a week, but in that week they'd nuke South Korea and Japan. And then we'd have to help clean up Asia and occupy NK for years (so much for America first). While I laughed at Rocket Man as much as any Trump supporter, actual war with NK would be hell.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the biggest danger we face at the moment is that NK does something so provocative that it cannot be ignored and we're forced to do something in response that is much more immediately effective than sanctions and things escalate from there.

Once actual strikes begin everybody loses with North Korea and South Korea likely to be the biggest losers in that order.

The way current US doctrine works is that air strikes take down the radars and anti-air capabilities of the enemy. Then general command and communications facilities are hit to further blind the enemy. Finally the full firepower is focused on degrading the enemy forces and then destroying them in place once the enemy commanders have been deprived of air defense and communications and cannot respond in any effective way.

The problem in the current situation is that this scenario almost guarantees that the NK forces have a hair-trigger and are likely to begin full-scale actions against South Korea when the first wave of radars and SAM installations are hit. They aren't likely to be waiting for a command that may never arrive due to the chaos that the blinding campaign creates.

Then you have the nukes, which while limited in number are still more than capable of causing hundreds of thousands of casualties in South Korea, Japan and Guam. These would be aimed at facilities that support the naval campaign and air war primarily and would be designed to get the allies into a position where they were willing to go back to armistice status after retaliating against NK.

The regime would likely be doing whatever it had to do to preserve itself while making things so nasty that a cease-fire was a better option than continuing hostilities. The Chinese would be condemning both sides in the fighting while maintaining opacity on their willingness to intervene. Likely the Chinese and Russians would be making joint statements condemning the aggression by the allies and also condemning NK for using the nukes in "self-defense".

There's a short path to WWIII from that point and it would take dexterous diplomacy on all sides to avoid it, hence the cease-fire with the NK regime still in power, albeit clinging by a thread and the rest of SE Asia angry at the US because of the massive casualties that the strikes provoked.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

why cant this guy do anything constructive? you got all of these hurricanes going on in Puerto Rico, FL, etc and he goes and talks about the NFL players kneeling. help the fucking people dude geez

17. HomeoftheJets

He wasn't elected to do anything constructive. As I said before, his base cares primarily about power, entertainment, and pissing off liberals. If he does those things and doesn't destroy the country, he's a success in their eyes. And even if he does destroy the country, they'll probably blame it on liberals anyway.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Trump's broader base of support has no real idea what "big government" gives them at this point. They've had safe water to drink and things like the CDC preventing epidemics via generational planning for so long that they think these things are just a magical part of being American. They've had the interstate highways and the electrical grid and now the communications network backed by big government subsidies. They've had relatively standardized educational and healthcare facilities backed by big government. Milk and various staples have been backed by subsidies behind the scenes.

If big government went away most of the communities in rural America would begin to experience shortfalls across the board in the funding that underpins daily life. They'd begin to deteriorate almost immediately. It was a shorter and more brutal life for most people just a century ago and it wouldn't be that hard to revert to something similar in the absence of even mediocre planning to prevent it.

zace and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kind of like waking up in Puerto Rico this morning?

20. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

If only this were your first swipe...

Why do you feel compelled to defend Trump? Or is it something else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.