AI Beauty Pageant

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by BrowningNagle, Apr 25, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It would be the prettiest girl with prehensile fingers and a third eye peeking out from her left ear canal.

Hemi likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's my creation. Think I got a shot at the $5K? I named her Patience

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Gotta love ai. We had 2 consecutive days of a local high school being evacuated for a bomb threat call in. Meta ai put out that there was an active shooter with multiple dead. Didn’t happen. 2 kids were taken in today for calling in bomb threats

abyzmul likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's shitty how these big-timers are calling for AI regulation while at the same time being the least ethical in the implementation of it.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And how many kids, and adults, were "taken in" and believed it all because they saw it on the internet?

6. typeOnegative13NY

Doesn’t take much. Social media is becoming unusable. It’s mostly all fake news , fake pictures, rumors… flanked by maybe 10% of what an old high school friend is up to these days. Ai will just make it that much worse.

7. Ralebird

And how many social media devotees make decisions, big and small, cheap and expensive, safe and dangerous, based on its BS? How many understand that but will cast their vote in November based on horseshit Tweets?

8. typeOnegative13NY

Probably quite a lot.

I never had a Twitter account. In sept I made one, with a jets name. I made it to follow the players because they tweet a lot. I haven’t followed anything political, and yet months later all I see is political nonsense. Both sides, far fetched bs , with thousands of replies. And I have to dig for jets stuff. It got deleted the other day.
    I also suspect it’s pretty easy for an ai to make a post , to have thousands gather and do whatever. It’s pretty scary
    I am doing everything I can these days to only be immersed in my personal life, music and sports… and somehow I still hear what’s “going on” somehow. It’s inescapable

stinkyB likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

If kids are using it for their news the answer is to educate kids to be able to think critically about the news, not ban the platform

Ralebird likes this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

I think there are a lot of kids these days that are inclined to believe and value what they are learning online, over their parents and teachers etc.

Leicester Jet and Satan like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

I think gen z is actually better than the previous generation(s) at this. By this I mean challenging what you read and see

which is why it’s weird to me that the older generations, of which I’m a part of, are doing things like banning books and apps to “helicopter parent” over gen z

irregardless, I don’t like the tik tok ban and states banning books at all.

in America we dont let our politicians pick which books or apps we can use, or at least we shouldn’t.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like traditional media is reliable?

13. Ralebird

In comparison to social media? I truly hope you're joking.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not what I said...

15. Ralebird

That's what I was looking to clarify - hence the question mark.

So?

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Clarify what exactly?

17. Ralebird

Seriously?

Okay, do you think as far as reliability is concerned social media is on a par with long established broadcast and print media?

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As far as the gathering and dissemination of news... both are compromised by corporate and government influence
    and therefore unreliable & questionable as a source of accurate information.

I do know one thing... if you want to see the devastation in Gaza... traditional news outlets are not the place to go.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm gonna make it... :confused:

[​IMG]

abyzmul likes this.
  20. Ralebird

What you claim is an opinion, not a fact, of course. Is all regulation "government influence"? Are lawsuits for libel and slander "corporate...influence"? Or are they useful tools to allow us to make informed decisions rather than simply believing whatever we find unattributed or under pseudonyms from untraceable social media sources? I note you have not said a thing to exemplify why such an anonymous source (unless your "both" is referring to traditional and social media rather than my "long established broadcast and print media" to which you responded) is not also "unreliable & questionable as a source of accurate information." Certainly it's not just because what you find there may coincide with or support your own suppositions, is it?

I don't really need to see graphic depictions of the horror in Gaza any more than I needed to see the uncensored clip on the Daily Mail of the poor dumb bastard who made some kind of statement by self-immolating outside of Trump's trial last week - I believed the reports on the network news and Websites of major news organizations. I also didn't need to see the picture of a still warm Osama Bin Laden with a big hole above his eye within an hour of the announcement his assassination - an image found on the internet in the early morning hours here which had disappeared by breakfast time for most Americans. I trusted the government announcement (accessed through various sources of traditional media) without the graphic proof.