Rich Cimini-" Drafting another QB would show GM is clueless"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Damn. You're prolly better than him bro.

Ralebird, stinkyB and Peebag like this.
  2. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

I would not be good. I thought Jared Goff would be all pro his first year.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I would argue that changing regimes again won't fix it. Mac should get a chance to pick his own coach.

4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

If he picks coaches like he chooses players, no thanks

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

For the bolded- No you don't, cut it out.

Also the GM was a scout his damn self, went to Penn State games, held a private meeting no one knew about and had intel on him from working with Bill O'Brien in Houston.

There's no way he had an "undraftable" grade he has too much talent.

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Didn't Ron Wolf one of the best GMs of all time say "draft a QB every year"

Even when you have a franchise guy because then u can parle him into more draft picks etc etc

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Post pictures or it never happend.Cant wait to see this bullshit.

8. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Not going to do that.

9. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

He absoluteley was an undraftable player because he had no shot at success at the next level. Never in all my years did I see a player that handled pressure as badly as Hackenberg drafted.

If you can't handle pressure in college you cannot play in the NFL. McCagnan listened to BOB who knows so much about QBs he gave $72 mil to Brock the Cock.

tbruner12 and BigSnacks54 like this.
  10. Walt White

[​IMG]

11. Walt White

Well you're hardly the person to be evaluating any QB's then.

But I'll take it as a good sign for Hack and am actually more hopeful now about him after reading this thread and a couple of the half assed assessments I've read in it.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

See this what is funny about Cimini's analysis-- he says now if Macc takes another QB he is clueless but if he drafted the next great NFL star QB cimini would make his living kissing Macc's ass for 10 years.

Same decision either way. Just shows cimini is full of shit!

Sundayjack and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

This is the main problem with "It's the OL fault for Hack's regression" excuse. Most offensive lines in the NFL are terrible. He's going to likely have to play behind an OL just as bad as his Penn State Ol... That's just the reality of the NFL. With the exception of Dallas, TEN, and the Raiders most lines in the NFL stink. And if they're not sold on him anymore, it'd be foolish to pass on a QB prospect . If they made a mistake, it's best to acknowledge it now and move on.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

No QB will succeed with this team if he is on his back all day. Trade down in round 1, get more picks, and get on that OL early and often! There IS a reason why Ben I. was cut by the colts, why Wesley Johnson and Brent Quale were never drafted, why Brandon Shell lasted to round 5, and why household name Dakota Dozier has now spent three straight years on the bench! Oh, and Nick Mangold is, what, 33 years old. Take a lesson from Dallas and build an OL.

ajax, Red Menace, SonofDinger and 3 others like this.
  15. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Everyone mentions Dallas OL's a blueprint. They're great, but you do realize that they drafted a HOF LT, the best center in the NFL, and arguably the best guard in the NFL? It's not as simple as just following Dallas's blue print or drafting offensive linemen early. The Broncos and Seahawks have won super bowls over the last three years with bad OLS. The tackle positions do need to be fixed, but saying take a lesson from Dallas is the equivalent of me saying that the Jets should take a lesson or two from the Colts or any team that's lucked into a superstar Quarterback.. There's no particular blue print or exact lesson to follow. There are multiple ways to build a superbowl contender.

HomeoftheJets and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's a pretty dumb premise. Having a quality quarterback on the roster didn't stop San Diego from taking Rivers. We don't even have a quality quarterback on the roster, either.

Drafting another quarterback would show that Maccagnan isn't going to stay married to a player just because of where he drafted him. The best executives in the NFL recognize their poor moves and aren't scared to draft the same position to correct it.

I'll gain a lot more respect than I currently have for Maccagnan if he recognizes that a prospect he rates highly is there and takes him.

I would take Watson if he's there. Stash Hackenberg for years and pray to god he develops or maybe we can deal him in two years for a mid round pick.

jetfannerd likes this.
  17. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Penn States OL wasn't nearly as bad as the media made it out to be. Hackenberg watches the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes down the field like you are supposed to.

It's really the most basic of attributes, but some guys just can't do it.

tbruner12 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I agree. And we've tried the defense wins championships blueprint for the past 16 years and counting and it hasn't worked. Time to switch up the strategy and build an offense.

We have enough young developmental players on defense to the point where some could and should develop into starters.

Leo, Deon Simon, Wilk, Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, Burris, Pryor is enough of a core to the point where we can focus on the offense. Decent defenses in good schemes can win playoff games. Average NFL offenses rarely go anywhere in the playoffs. Look at the Chiefs and Texans.

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

green bay has always drafted at least one qb every two years or so, even every year under thompson. doesn't mean you have to use a pick before rounds 6 or 7, but you never know when you might get lucky. just ask the hoodie up in foxboro.
    btw, both romo and warner were total surprises. as was montana and wilson in the 3rd round.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.