Confidence level post draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jedi mind tricks, Apr 28, 2024.

?

How has the draft affected your outlook for next season?

1. More confident

26 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Less confident

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. No change

36 vote(s)
    55.4%
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Don't mess with a scorned lover....

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I didn’t see it, but did he really give those vibes?

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

No change for me. You may have figured this out by my posts or just by my name, but I'm jaded AF and ALWAYS expect something to go wrong with this team. I don't care if we had first team all-pros at every position, I'd still be anxious and waiting for a (the?) shoe to drop. Always going to be that way until they (if ever) win.

4. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Draft grades are probably the goofiest thing in sports, but people eat that shit up. I guess it's harmless fun but I just don't see the fun part.

Sundayjack and mrjet80 like this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This is a playoff team if the injury bug doesn’t hit too hard. Once a team is in the playoffs you never really know what will happen….

It would be nice if Lady Luck shined on the Jets just once lol.

NOVAJET and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I suppose the grades are for the armchair GMs of the world - like most of us. The grades are really for interpretations of the front office intentions along with filling roster holes and level of talent depicted by scouts. We all know the real grades shouldn’t be made at least for 2-3 years.

7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

i don't know...something felt off. Like there was a lot he wasn't saying when he was talking about his rehab but who knows...could just be Jets fan PTSD

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He was just at the facility throwing … would be afraid that maybe it didn’t feel the way he expected

Jets ptsd is very real… I’m always waiting for the bottom to fall out, a leg to fall off and I don’t trust anything to go well

NCJetsfan, Donttasemebro and AJW like this.
  9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Never confident with this franchise. It's cursed. Until they win a Super Bowl I will never be happy. I think we will have to wait until Joe Willie passes away to kill the curse.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  10. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

for what it's worth....If i could find a betting line on it...i feel it strongly enough that i'd throw $50 or a $100 that he steps away before the first preseason game snap.

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I felt that the 2022 team had a winning roster, they just needed a QB. Come 2023, now they have a QB, so my confidence level was still high. Come 2024, it all depends on Rodgers 1) does he stay healthy 2) does he perform as we expect him to, whatever that is, at age 40. If those 2 items are positive, then my confidence level is the same as it was the last 2 seasons.....high that they will win enough to get into the playoffs. However, I don't believe they will win a SB this season. This team has not played together long enough to work out the kinks. Maybe next season if Rodgers plays.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Last year was the year. Down years for Burrow, Herbert, and Allen. Less weapons for Mahomes, Stroud rookie year.... Jets are gonna have to fight tooth and nail to make it this year

Acad23 and Kronoking like this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That's the part that shakes my confidence.
    But, I'm a Jets fan, confidence or not I'll be watching... although I haven't watched any Saleh this off-season...

#33 burf, Apr 29, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm more confident.

I love our roster!

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor, Jordan Travis

RB - Breece Hall, Braelon Allen, Israel Abanikanda, Isaiah Davis

WR - Garrett Wilson, Irv Charles

WR - Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Jason Brownlee

WR - Malachi Corley, Xavier Gipson

TE - Tyler Conklin, Jeremy Ruckert, Zack Kuntz

LT - Tyron Smith, Olu Fashanu

LG - John Simpson, Wes Schweitzer

C - Joe Tippmann, Wes Schweitzer

RG - Alijah Vera-Tucker, Max Mitchell

RT - Morgan Moses, Carter Warren

Some important notes:
    • Of the current projected starters along the offensive line, only Tippmann and Vera-Tucker are returning from last season. Also, only Simpson started every game during the 2023 season so depth will be tested.
    • Is this the best quarterback room the Jets have had in years? Taylor and Rodgers combine for over 30 years of NFL experience to help nurture Travis.
    • Corley is expected to be an immediate target right away in the Jets offense. Expect big things from the third round pick.
    • Despite the apparent finality of the group, the Jets do have some cap space to make additional moves in free agency. New York could add another receiver or offensive linemen by the time the new year rolls around.
    Jets' Post-Draft Depth Chart: Offensive Rookie Starters? (msn.com)

NOVAJET likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll say that it could be a playoff team, but with Hackett as OC and Saleh as HC, I'll believe it when I see it happen.

NY Jets68, burf, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Pretty good shot at the Jets' offense. I have a couple of quibbles with it. One, will the Jets keep 4 RBs on the roster? I'm not sure that Charles should be Garrett's backup. I think I'd rather see Malik Taylor in that spot. Also, the 3rd TE spot belongs to Kenny Yeboah, not Zack Kuntz. Finally, I'm torn on Fashanu. In one way, for Fashanu it would perhaps be better to just let him focus on LT this season, but for the team, I think it might be better to have him as the swing OT and backup both Smith and Moses. I don't want to see Carter Warren on the field unless he shows in TC and preseason that he belongs on the field. I'm also not sure that Max Mitchell should be AVT's backup rather than Jake Hanson.

I don't think they have much cap space, and I would think that probably will have to be saved for emergencies during the season.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Would love to sign a vet Safety on a one year contract then next year we can draft a guy

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The biggest thing holding this Jets team back is its offensive CS. As long as that situation remains, I'll stay in wait and see mode.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I keep going back to it but since someone posted the depth chart, I just cannot believe we had a top 10 pick and ended up with a backup/depth piece

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why?