Welcome to the Jets Malachi Corley (WR)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I want to know if he signed a lease.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With Rodgers? LOL That's where he's supposedly staying.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe he's buying Zach Wilson's condo.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Good one!!!! ROFLOL!

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

MC2 will bring him back to Earth! TC is going to be sooooo much fun this year. Finally get to see the great Aaron Rodgers throwing dimes to Garrett with Gardner draped all over him, Rodgers tossing dimes to Breece 1 yard passed the LOS and watching Breece do what only Breece can do. So much fun stuff, can't wait!

I wonder how much attention our TC/Pre-Season games will get, and if Jets Love continues to grow! We're already in the top 10 of teams favored to win it all.

I'm really enjoying it. For once, we're not all trying to convince ourselves some B-rated player is going to step up big for us. We have the DOGS!

Brook! and NOVAJET like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

MC II better be careful trying to tackle Corley in TC. He could wind up getting hurt and missing the season.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It will be interesting to see Corley with an actual passer throwing to him. I think my high school QB was better than the guy they had throwing to him last season. His best pass is the bubble screen.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will help... but from what I've seen his route running is kinda shit.

Hackett has got to design plays to get him the ball in the open and let him do his thing.

9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That was some impressive "tape" on the young man. Thanks to all who put up the video. I do agree that his route tree is limited but, then again, how "complicated" is a slot receiver's route tree? Not very. I'm more interested in his ability to read a defense and adjust within the 2 or 3 options he's given. He'll learn the routes over time.

What you can't teach is "want to." That kid has the "want to" be "there" as in over whomever is in his way, just like Samuel in San Fran. Believe it that it's a mindset. He may not have a very long career as WR's that seek out contact usually don't last long but it will be entertaining and he will catch a ton o' balls, if given the opportunity.

teamgreen and Nyjets4eva like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

https://x.com/snyjets/status/1795883343868756092?s=19

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

With the transfer portal, NIL/direct payments, and conference realignment circuses, I have great respect for Corley for sticking it out at Western Kentucky and showing some loyalty. It does show the type of guy he is.

After the 2022 season where he caught over 100 balls in 14 games he could've transferred anywhere and made a quick buck. Or at least get promised a quick buck. He didn't though, he stuck around and showed his true character