Jets to Pursue Darelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

1. That's not what I'm saying at all. You just said DT didn't win a Super Bowl then used "best regular season QB of all time" as a reason why he should have won. The Super Bowl is not played in the regular season.

2. It's not just about WR... I said QB/WR combo. I never said you needed an elite WR to win, I said WR is more valuable than CB.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

you're putting way too much stock into "best regular season QB of all time" but whatever, that's fine

we aren't going to get a great QB/WR combo so you might as well try to improve the team in other ways. the ravens and giants didn't have that and still won super bowls

3. BroadwayAaron

I just think it's kind of ridiculous that you're using that as a reason to bash DT for not winning a Super Bowl. It's like saying the team who has the regular season MVP should win a ring every year.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're still responding to that pinhead? LOL Didn't you tell me I was wasting my time? I put him on ignore. Life's too short to waste time and energy on dumb asses like that who don't have a clue what they're talking about. Guys like him are pie-in-the sky dreamers who don't have a clue about reality.

Did he really say that he's 39 and has a masters degree? FOFLMAO!!! If he has a masters it's from one of those online things where you basically buy your degree. Based on his reasoning powers in this thread, he doesn't appear to have the intelligence to get into a masters program, much less earn the degree.

It reminds me of a poster on the old NY Times Forum. He made similar stupid arguments in threads, then said he was a manager at a Fortune 500 company or some such and supposedly had his secretary register and vouch for his intelligence. LOL Maybe this kid can get his mommy to write a note vouching for him.

#344 NCJetsfan, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Extra funds? LMAO. The Jets need to re-sign Mo Wilk. That's going to take $10-12 million. They'll need another $6-$7 million to sign their draft picks. They have needs at QB, OG, CB, FS, OLB, ILB, WR, TE, and RB. Wasting a HUGE chunk of that money on one player at any position other than QB, is foolish. The Jets have multiple holes/needs, not only in terms of starters but depth. As it is, they're not going to be able to adequately address all of them in one off-season, largely because Idzik screwed the pooch by wasting 8-10 picks in last year's draft. If Idzik was competent at all, it would be a different story, but it's not.

You Revis fans need to wake up and get over it. Re-signing Revis would be the worst possible move the team could make this off season from both a financial and football perspective, and it would also bring the circus back to town.

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i'm only doing it because that was YOUR argument with revis. you said they barely won with the greatest QB of all time and the greatest TE in the NFL

i think it's an AWFUL argument

7. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

MoProblems96 is the one nobody respects here, he's the one making an ass of himself on this board. You're the only one who respects his posts. Now both of you idiots just SHUT UP already, stop your childish name calling and personal insults already and start discussing the Jets like adults, or do us all a favor and get off this board! That's the last I'm going to say before I start ignoring both of you bozos!

This is how you come across on here sometimes, you should know how your childish antics look to other posters -----
    [​IMG]

#347 Truth4U2, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  8. BroadwayAaron

For the second time, that wasn't the argument. Dr. Truth was bringing up the Pats winning a title as backing for his Revis opinion. We are a downgrade in every area imaginable. Why would we spend tons of cash on a guy that doesn't put us over the top?

There's so much irony in your posts that I don't know if I want to block you like NC already has. And if you think I'm alone in my opinion you should try reading any Revis thread on the board, Doc.

9. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

you can understand why i'd think that was the argument

10. BroadwayAaron

You left out the next sentence, but I can sort of see your point.

11. Truth4U2

So you've got your one supporter in this stupid, childish pissing match, and I've got mine:

Truth4U2 said: ↑
    "No. Way. In. Hell." ..... Well when you say it that way, it puts extra emphasis on your words ... powerful stuff, that way you can beat your opinion into our skulls without having to bother to find any facts to support them. lol

Now can we just stop this bitching already and get back to discussing our team like mature, grown men (you are a man aren't you lol)....because sometimes you sound like a whiny bitch....look, I'm getting sucked down to that level myself, so for the love of all that is good and Holy, can we both just get back to discussing our opinions on the team already? And if that's not possible, why don't you just ignore my posts like you keep saying you want to do?

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

well that's fine, ill add that in. he's an integral PART of the rebuild, not the focal point. not every team needs a focal point to build around

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Revis has a ring because he went to play with Tom Brady. Let's be real here. TB would have been a good team in 2013 if Revis was the kind of player that made mediocre teams good.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i find it ironic that you advocate signing Wilk for 12M, but then go on saying no position outside of QB should warrant a huge chunk of money...

15. Br4d

You have forgotten what having Revis around was like in terms of financial uncertainty. Revis went to the Pats last year for $12M because he wanted a good shot at a ring and nobody else was offering a huge deal after TB got blown out in 2013.

He comes back here and you're going to be hearing "wanna be highest paid player on defense" again really soon. Then the holdout threats and insinuations will start.

$12M my ass. There's no way it would start like that and end up anywhere but in the gutter.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't prescribe to the idea that it is ever about one player, even one as great as Brady. The Patriots have tried several times to run the juggernaut offense and failed. They realized, after much trial and error, that they need a defense to compliment Brady. Revis was huge in making that happen.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. Br4d

The Pats defense was no better in 2014 than it was in 2013. It doesn't matter if you have a great CB playing for you if the overall defense performs at the same level. The Pats won blowouts last year at a 9-2 rate. They won close games at a 3-2 rate. Who did they beat in close games? The Jets twice and the Raiders. They could have done that with any #2 opposite Browner.

18. Truth4U2

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Regular season production is a different beast than the playoffs. Regular season requires consistency and competency. You could definitely argue that Peyton Manning is a better regular season QB than Brady.

Where Brady has completely outclassed Manning is in the "one game, right here, right now" area.

This is the same effect I believe Revis had on the Patriots. He didn't necessarily make them a more productive regular season team, but he did pull them over the hump of being able to win the one game, right here, right now. The Patriots defensively are better playmakers with Revis and Browner than with anyone who came before them.

Revis didn't make a mediocre team good, but he did make a good team great.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Out of the top 15 highest paid CB's in the league, 11 of them were playing in the postseason.

good teams have been investing in the position both with FA and high draft picks.
    CB has quickly been catching up with DE as the highest paid position on D for a reason. it is anything but a luxury, as it is the easiest position for opposing offenses to exploit. I compare it to OT in that regard, on the other side of the ball.

do you still need a QB? absolutely, it's the most important position in football by far.
    but not having a good QB doesn't doesn't mean you ignore the second biggest hole on the team.
    you address it. It doesn't have to be Revis, so long as you adequately address it, but Revis should definitely be seriously looked into by this new FO.

fwiw, the only postseason team with a truly terrible QB situation was of course Arizona.
    i think Bowles has an idea on what it will take to keep this team competitive while we figure out the future at QB.

cgrec and Truth4U2 like this.